1 March 2010:

I only discovered five year old Picnik this morning (they just got bought out by Google) but here's my first attempt of "just how tall is the RC, again?"

dsc01006picnikfx.jpg

Last edited:
The Ritz slant(s) will/look great from that angle! Excellent photo Red Mars! The colour on this building (and others in the photo) are exceptional! The Ritz is so sleek! :D

Ritz Update, from above

The Ritz from above at Jarvis & Bloor Tues. near sunset and from my POV at home Wed. morning. The mechanical roof/roof feature is beginning to fill in.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Ritz-Calton, RBC

Shot on March 5th

to-2.jpg

Attachments

• to-2.jpg
    to-2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 293
  • to-1.jpg
    to-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 622
thanks for the pics...some nice new angles there! although, unless I'm missing something Ritz / RBC do not appear in the second photo.

Very cool shots of the Ritz/MLS! RBC looks pretty chunky next to the Ritz! Going back to Parkadalian's first shot of the Ritz, i've always noticed that the Ritz never looks that tall when viewed from street level on Front Street... but from Wellington its a beast -imo...

thanks for the pics...some nice new angles there! although, unless I'm missing something Ritz / RBC do not appear in the second photo.

It's the first time I've posted images. The second shot was not meant for this thread. It was for the MLS thread. I now have the hang of how the attachment feature works. Hope to post more pics soon.

I'm starting to wonder whether they'll paint the roof of the sky lobby.

I'm sure they will, exposed ceilings aren't Ritz style.

I still don't get the treatment to the bottom 3 or 4 floors on the south side.

I'm starting to wonder whether they'll paint the roof of the sky lobby.

If you look closely, they haven't reached that high up in interior work and finishings. They're 3 floors below the Sky Lobby. It's supposed to be a very posh looking lobby so I'm sure we can anticipate a beautiful treatment to the ceiling and pillars.

Back