I hope the interior won't be classical and boring. Hope it is has modern sophisticated appeal. The trump interior looks amazing. Best I've seen in a long time.

It would be a disappointment if the interior is bland.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post so please be gentle with me! I've been coming to UT for a couple years and decided to finally come out of the shadows.

My first contribution is a recent pano with The RC in the middle, West Harbour City to the west, MLS to the east, and lots of neat stuff in between. Even the southern fin of Telus is slightly visible through one of the trees.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Sep 9 124.jpg
    Sep 9 124.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 261
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post so please be gentle with me! I've been coming to UT for a couple years and decided to finally come out of the shadows.

My first contribution is a recent pano with The RC in the middle, West Harbour City to the west, MLS to the east, and lots of neat stuff in between. Even the southern fin of Telus is slightly visible through one of the trees.

Cheers.

Welome to the friendliest board on Earth! And great shot!:eek:

Welcome, Baron...nice first post....:)

Da Ritz

Can't wait for this one... am hoping for some nice bars and restaurants downstairs, nice and sexy cocktail lounge and some great units with nice views, so to speak.

I hope the interior won't be classical and boring. Hope it is has modern sophisticated appeal. The trump interior looks amazing. Best I've seen in a long time.

It would be a disappointment if the interior is bland.

If you go to the Ritz website http://www.theresidencestoronto.com/flash/main.html and then click on "Building" and then "Presentation Video" you can see what the interiors are going to look like.

This tower has so many intricate lines and the way the different sections of the massing meet each other is very interesting. The building is looking so much better as they stitch the different componens of the massing together. :) :) :)

I agree, the quality of finishes and the way the materials meet each other is quite sophisticated, particularly in person. And yet the real candy is still to come for this building and I'm really looking forward to when that happens.

One thing I was hoping for, which someone else mentioned earlier, was a little more colour contrast in the "zipper" to emphasise this unique feature. The renders have shown a black or charcoal coloured zipper but only in renders did that always appear in that dark colour but apparently not in reality (yes, the old rendering vs reality debate). However, given the zipper are windows it's understandable that consideration is given to those inside not having to look out through a tinted black window in their living room. Sometimes it's overlooked that it's not just about what the building looks like from the outside.

Attachments

• Sep 19 09 039 - Copy.JPG
    Sep 19 09 039 - Copy.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 220
  • Sep 19 09 042 - Copy.JPG
    Sep 19 09 042 - Copy.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Sep 19 09 047 - Copy.JPG
    Sep 19 09 047 - Copy.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 215
I like the angle on that first pic, showing the slant from directly below!

Thanks RS. The slant is just starting now to become a bit ominous from directly below. With 9-floors still to pour I think it's fair to say the slant is a significant structural feat in a thin 53-storey building. With about 25-cantilevered storeys of dead loads and live loads bearing down, I wouldn't want to be the structural engineer on the hook for ensuring this thing doesn't tip over!

Even if the slant isn't in our face from all angles, I think it's significant, appropriate, and exactly what the architect, William Pederson of KPF, wanted......"a graceful slope that gestures to the lake".

Can't wait for this one... am hoping for some nice bars and restaurants downstairs, nice and sexy cocktail lounge and some great units with nice views, so to speak.
lol... dude was it really necessary to put "MBA" not only in your signature but your username too? I think you place a little too much importance on your degree there.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on these forums with much more education who choose not to share it with the world...

Sept 20

IMG_sept-20-09-0078.jpg

I don't about others and this photo may no show it, I can see the windows starting to tilt out about a week ago with the 2nd row down that are completed.
IMG_sept-20-09-0098.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0099.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0131.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0138.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0139.jpg

Cannot get a good shot of the windows starting to shift to the south until the hording comes down up close. You can see the spacing increasing in size
IMG_sept-20-09-0141.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0142.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0179.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0158.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0159.jpg

outstanding pics, drum! :)

Coming into the city from the west, on the eastbound Gardiner, it is amazing how much the profile or the Ritz stnads out against the wide, green RBC Dexia tower. Once the cladding is up and the roofline angle is complete, this building will probably be most noticeable - or lesat most noteworthy - from this angle. (Sorry, didn't have a camera...and I was driving!)

Back