News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How do you transport and service a port a potty without a road? In case you haven't noticed, they're rather bulky.

I've lived and worked next to lots with these things on them before. This complaint is absurd.

Here's my suggestion to this family: get rid of the port a potty and let the construction workers use your bathroom if it's making you so upset. Problem solved.

With all due respect to your vast experience living next to porta potties, nobody actually said that they should transport them without a road.

Porta potties travel best by road.

1399146342_runaway_portapotty_in_strong_wind.gif

2 years for a new home construction is well outside the norm - doubly so for a porta pottie to be there for 2 years! Feels to me like the construction stalled due to lack of funds.

We just had a film shoot for two days in our neighborhood this weekend - I counted no fewer than *twenty* large trucks that were required. They took up the entirety of three streets in our neighborhood for parking, and blocked a lot of our recycling collection on Friday. If this were something that happened on a regular basis in our neighborhood I would be royally pissed as well!

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2016/09/27/battle-brewing-over-toronto-ward-boundaries.html

While I get concerns about splitting up neighbourhoods and some confusion over which community councils wards may be aligned with, I found parts of this amusing:

"Some residents of The Beach are aghast at the notion that a redrawing of Toronto’s political boundaries could suddenly thrust them into Scarborough.

“No one wants to live in Scarborough,” one woman grumbled in a Facebook thread about proposed changes that would, to equalize the population of Toronto’s 44 wards, carve up neighbourhoods including the proud waterfront community. About half of The Beach would join a new ward dominated by southwestern Scarborough.

Michael Thompson, who has represented Ward 37 Scarborough Centre for 15 years, chooses his words carefully when asked to respond to such fears. “I think Scarborough is the best place in the world to live, work and play, and I would invite people who don’t want to live here to come on a tour with me.”"

"It has triggered fierce debate at city hall, even though many Torontonians don’t actually know which ward is theirs."

The laughable part is that part of the beaches is *already* in Scarborough. In fact, its probably the most expensive part! (Fallingbrook right next to the Hunt Club)

John Tory's ward boundary proposal is just gerrymandering to get his clique followers into city council.

But if they are better balancing the population between 44 wards, and the population growth has been primarily downtown, doesn't that mean downtown will get a larger share of the 44 wards?

Thanks - great information, and definitely some shenanigans going on there. That being said, if you look at the proposed wards and sketch an imaginary line that might represent "downtown" (Generously, from Keele to DVP), it seems to me there is a net increase of 1, from 6 to 7. Since this is a zero sum game, that means "non-downtown" gets one fewer ward, for a differential of 2.

From wards: 14/18/19/20/27/28
To wards: 215/216/217/218/219/232/233

In fact, if you constrain downtown to between Bathurst and DVP (where the bulk of Condos are going up), its actually 2 more wards, from 3 to 5 - a 66% improvement.

Is that proportionate to the relative population increase? Its too early for my math skills to say...

Last edited:
Worse, the proposals are not based on the current 2016 census. Which census results are they using?

Worse, the proposals are not based on the current 2016 census. Which census results are they using?

Methodology For Delivering The Options

In 2013, the Province amended the Growth Plan, updating the growth outlook to 2031 and extending the planning period with population and employment forecasts to 2041. Toronto is now expected to grow to 3.19 million by 2031. This is the target population that the City must plan to accommodate through the current Official Plan Review. Related to this review of Official Plan policy, the City Planning Division completed population projections for small area geographies to serve as base information for infrastructure planning. These projections are based on demographic trends observed up to the 2011 Census as well as known development potential. By employing the Growth Plan amended outlook of 3.19 million as a control total for modeling, these projections are the best estimate of how population growth, or decline, might play out across the city.

Back