Or how about William Thorsell, the Earl of ROM, just to get this thread back on-topic?

Beautiful space and great food at C5. Really enjoyed having lunch with the UTGA members this past weekend.

I highly recommend it for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet, but I'm sure the view of the city at night is spectacular.

Louroz

My contact at the ROM informs me ( in response to a suggestion interchange made at the C5 lunch ) that the Museum is investigating the possibility of a green roof - or a 'roof garden' as they've been calling it. Discussions with designers are under way and they're trying to assess whether it is possible, and at what cost.

Very good to hear! Thanks for passing that question along US!

We recently did a photo shoot at the ROM for an upcoming issue of the magazine. Space works well.

ROM.jpg

No-one has cheer-leaded the Crystal more than me... and the interiors are obviously camera-friendly.

But after my weekend tour (finally inside) I'm slightly aghast... not sure work-in-progress will be enough of an excuse for the horrible "details". Very disappointed. Wonder if they will change those Home Depot floor grates when someone sprains an ankle.

Ed which agency did you use? Giovanni Elite or ??? I didn't know you had a magazine--UT mag? UTFashion?

Personally, had I been artistic director, I'd have the models sliding down the ROM's exterior cubes.

btw, whenever I see the sign for C5 I think of the Citroen C5! http://www.citroen.co.uk/level3/modelpage.asp?pagetype=C5

^ Dragonette.

I suppose you focus on the print edition more? Are you the editor or proprietor?

I'm the founder along with my wife. Print is quickly becoming less and less of the business. Web is the future.

This must be a delightful way to make a living, or do I not see the downside?

Yes and no. Music industry is in a bit of turmoil right now.

Back