News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Great shot, but does anyone remember the time before they put the netting over the bars? Picture it, me on a school trip to the CN Tower, 1979, on the outdoor deck, leaning over, and off my watch falls, right through the bars and over 1000 feet to the ground! It was my first nice watch....if anyone finds a slightly smooshed gold Timex near the base of the tower, let me know!

Great shot, but does anyone remember the time before they put the netting over the bars? Picture it, me on a school trip to the CN Tower, 1979, on the outdoor deck, leaning over, and off my watch falls, right through the bars and over 1000 feet to the ground! It was my first nice watch....if anyone finds a slightly smooshed gold Timex near the base of the tower, let me know!

HB: I visited the CN Tower for the first time myself in 1979 and I do remember the outdoor deck as you describe it...Were you able to notice where your watch fell
and landed? Did it land on a roof area of the base building or on the plaza? Luckily it did not hit anyone when it hit the ground...I remember Timex's slogan of
"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking" - a 1000 plus foot fall is definitely not what they were thinking...Happy New Year!
LI MIKE

DSCN2893_zps9ce22e6b.jpg

DSCN2902_zps7db1a34d.jpg

30d2fbe9-cb12-44f1-b3fd-477712164e39_zps1fcf3395.jpg

Toronto Skyline 1930.
Osgoode Hall and Queen St. in foreground.

Torontoskyline1930_zps7b70ba4b.jpg

Toronto Skyline 1930.
Osgoode Hall and Queen St. in foreground.

Torontoskyline1930_zps7b70ba4b.jpg

What an amazing picture! Even back in 1930 Toronto was a booming city. I can remember my grandmother, born in St Michaels Hospital in 1910, telling us how fast the city grew even when she was a young lady. She also said back then, anything north or Yonge and Bloor was considered the country, things have changed just a bit since then, thank you for the picture!

Brookfield Roof Top Lighting

Those lights used to be on, but had been shut off -- or only left on at the very top -- for a while. Maybe they updated their lighting system to LED technology? Illuminating the TD Canada Trust Tower's setbacks and crown would look really beautiful.

Hello "One Nut Kruk" and "khristopher"
I wanted to comment on the lighting at Brookfield Place.
I am the lighting designer who design a new system for both towers. Yes it is all LED with a new design approach. They are not blue but very "cool" in colour. We tested a warmer colour but did not stand out and looked "muddy". Lots of work involved but i'm glad you like it. I was also involved on the interior Galleria and Lobbies. Both won lighting awards last year.
See photo from the top during the installation.

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 509

Back