seasonal

Disney Paris
4800 acres
~14.8 million visitors/yr

Disney Hong Kong
68 acres
~7.9-8.9 million visitors/yr
53% owned by the state

Seeing as it is surrounded by new-build residential and retail, if the owners or the good taxpayers of City Above Toronto figure they need rail transit, they should pay for it themselves.

Extracted from Wiki

Canada's Wonderland
330 acres (no room for expansion)
~3.75 million visitors/yr
seasonal

Disney Paris
4800 acres

Disney Hong Kong
68 acres
53% owned by the state

Seeing as it is surrounded by new-build residential and retail, if the owners or the good taxpayers of City Above Toronto figure they need rail transit, they should pay for it themselves.
Technically, they could expand by building multilevel parking garages and moving the main entrance east (or build around it). But your point still stands.

Extracted from Wiki

Canada's Wonderland
330 acres (no room for expansion)
~3.75 million visitors/yr
seasonal

Disney Paris
4800 acres

Disney Hong Kong
68 acres
53% owned by the state

You're not just connecting to Wonderland though. Vaughan Mills is a major destination and transit hub in its own right and a station at Langstaff would be beneficial to thousands of factory workers throughout that industrial zone. A further stop at Major Mackenzie would connect the new hospital, Vellore Woods and Maple areas making the whole of western Vaughan region with shortened bus connections well covered.

Am I missing something? Are you proposing taking over Millway Avenue for an open-air TYSSE extension? Tell that to the hundreds of business owners that front onto that street. And also consider that Millway does not run all the way to Vaughan Mills.

The Scarborough RT routing says hello.

Because of the high cost of a heavy rail line extension, maybe Vaughan and York Region should consider a light rail Jane or Highway 400 line from either Black Creek Station or Vaughan Metropolitan Station up to the new hospital and Canada's Wonderland. Using York Region's fares or transfers, not TTC fares or transfers, keeping it entirely separate.

Based on the current ridership level, light rail may be an overkill. BRT in the median (built to be convertible to light rail once the ridership warrants such conversion) will be sufficient for a while, and will have the advantage of supporting multiple branches seamlessly.

Because of the high cost of a heavy rail line extension, maybe Vaughan and York Region should consider a light rail Jane or Highway 400 line from either Black Creek Station or Vaughan Metropolitan Station up to the new hospital and Canada's Wonderland. Using York Region's fares or transfers, not TTC fares or transfers, keeping it entirely separate.

Based on the current ridership level, light rail may be an overkill. BRT in the median (built to be convertible to light rail once the ridership warrants such conversion) would be sufficient for a while, and would have the advantage of supporting multiple branches seamlessly.
Even All-Day 15-min or better Viva service on Jane would be sufficient. I know it's a different situation, as ridership is significantly different, but we don't want a Viva Yellow scenario where YRT service wasn't even saturated, Viva Yellow didn't even exists, and infrastructure is overbuilt. The TYSSE is different as the ridership technically already existed for it, as it's just that some stations under perform somewhat resulting from the removal of duplicated service.

Anyways, all this talk about YRT/Viva service as a result from the TYSSE should really be made in the YRT/Viva Service or Viva Rapidway Construction Threads.

Am I missing something? Are you proposing taking over Millway Avenue for an open-air TYSSE extension? Tell that to the hundreds of business owners that front onto that street. And also consider that Millway does not run all the way to Vaughan Mills.
Underground. Cut-and-cover if cheaper. There are rear entrances to all those businesses, which is more than could be said of the poor business owners along Eglinton.

At Courtland, it can veer up to Romina Drive towards Vaughan Mills.

It’s sad but I guess typically Toronto that a lot of UT posters advocate for all manner of fantasy transit routes without the slightest concern for weighing the benefits and the costs. Thankfully, the way this town operates nothing will actually get built.

I don"t think this is just a UT thing.

Last week I was at a function and this one guy i know was adamant that the Hwy 7 BRT should have been a subway.

No, the person that proposed that is wanting, for sure

Why not to Barrie? Trains every 2 minutes! Golleee!

Well, A, where would it end, and B, would it be tunneled under the 400, and C, do you think the TTC would want Line 1 going that far ?

Back