If you've just tapped of a GO bus, you should be charged $1.50 if you tap on a TTC vehicle or station.

Thanks. What about the other way round? Does one get any fare discount when tapping onto a GO bus right after leaving the subway at 407?

Google is extremely rich. Perhaps they could hire those volunteers who add in future subway lines on OpenStreetMaps and pay them six-digit figures annually with all sorts of benefits. Google can even pay them to move to Mountain View.

the Go-TTC co fare does exist, so it's a $1.50 premium. For YRT customers, it would still be $3, so I imagine the vast majority will walk from Steeles West.

I hope the $1.50 fare discount between TTC and transit agencies bordering Toronto is one of those "worthy" programs that get funded from general revenue despite the loss of cap-and-trade revenues. The province did claim they would look into funding some programs on a case-by-case basis. Sell it as the transit equivalent of "10 cents off gas" (and for the SUV-driving crowd, "less congestion for you by getting other drivers off the road")

I hope the $1.50 fare discount between TTC and transit agencies bordering Toronto is one of those "worthy" programs that get funded from general revenue despite the loss of cap-and-trade revenues. The province did claim they would look into funding some programs on a case-by-case basis.
It wasn't cancelled in the initial wave of program cuts from removing cap and trade, so I imagine it's here to stay. I'm hoping that the previously planned fare integration initiatives will also move forward.

It wasn't cancelled in the initial wave of program cuts from removing cap and trade, so I imagine it's here to stay. I'm hoping that the previously planned fare integration initiatives will also move forward.

My impression was that when cap-and-trade was cancelled, all cap-and-trade funded programs were automatically cancelled with it, with the Province leaving an opening for bringing certain "worthy" programs back with funding from general revenue. As for fare integration, I think that's pratically impossible at this point: if they could get it done, they would have done it by now. The best hope is for fare discounts like between GO and other agencies.

Walking is good for your health anyways... As well, York U was the one who kicked GO out of the terminal, did you watch the video @Leo_Chan provided ?

They wanted GO out of the Commons, but I don't think they would mind if GO took over YRT's former space. But having operations at Highway 407 makes things easier for GO: no jog down Keele, and no detours when transferring between Highway 407 East and West buses.

They wanted GO out of the Commons, but I don't think they would mind if GO took over YRT's former space. But having operations at Highway 407 makes things easier for GO: no jog down Keele, and no detours when transferring between Highway 407 East and West buses.

The Commons usually hosts 5-8 GO buses simultaneously - I doubt there's enough room at the YRT/Zum stop.

The Commons usually hosts 5-8 GO buses simultaneously - I doubt there's enough room at the YRT/Zum stop.

Terminate Highway 407 West buses at Hwy 407 Station and have Highway 407 East buses serve York U (I'm imagining a situation similiar to how the 25 serves U Waterloo) before terminating at Highway 407. The upside is no fare issue, but the downside is that it would still require a transfer at Highway 407 for those coming from the west and a detour for those transferring between East and West.

Back