Pompidou Centre in Paris - of which Richard Rogers is one of the collaborating architects (and the firm leading the Market Hall project) - it has exhaust/intakes emanating from the building and the plaza beside it. I agree they need to be careful with the impact they may have on the immediate surrounding area however.

AoD

Last edited:
They've done nothing but good here:

pompidou.jpg

and here:

1500921808_5a54de2be0_b.jpg

and here:

1280px-Vents_88_London_Wall_Richard_Rogers.jpg

and here:

8491855586_1fa0b484d0_z.jpg

And on, and on. Nothing to fear, nothing to fail. In fact, I'd be quite disappointed if they weren't included.

My opinion still remains that the south-east corner of the building should be set back from the street intersection as it was originally planned; I think that it would give the entrance area a bit more breathing space.

Who's taking bets on the outcome tomorrow ? and what exactly is the vote on ?

Also remember that exposed ductworks is a signature of 70s Diamond & Myers (particularly institutional work like Innis College, the HUB Mall in Edmonton, etc)

Who's taking bets on the outcome tomorrow ? and what exactly is the vote on ?
. I doubt the vote will be today (subways, subways, subways). The vote is on whether to accept the staff recommendation and spend $ to continue detailed design. It could, of course, be further amended to add more $$ or ???

"Based on current market conditions and the latest estimated total project cost of the reengineered winning design, it is recommended that City Council endorse the continuation of the Design Development and Bid Document stages with the Architect. This will allow staff to continue to engage in the project of redeveloping the St. Lawrence Market North facility. Also, the revised financial plan, which will address current funding shortfalls, will be referred for consideration as part of the 2014 Capital Budget process. Should Council endorse the continuation of the design work, and if the revised financial plan is approved, staff will be in a position to issue a Tender Call in 2014."

DSC:

Do you have more renderings and other info (e.g. floor plans)? Out of curiosity where did you get them - since they don't seem to be anywhere else.

AoD

It just means that it is held until later during the debate. I believe the earliest it will come up is today after 2 PM now.

Back