My My. They took that 'toon much further than I thought they would. :eek:

they have gone above and beyond any show, but managed to stay great and so very, very ironic. i've been catching up on the new ones for the past day or so, probably one of the best seasons yet, behind season 9.

I don't why I feel slightly flushed with embarrassment to post this... afterall, I didn't design, develop, try to sell, (or get a franchise payment) the building.

I suppose it's the skyscraper geek in me.

But. Ziggy didn't post this elevation, which (if to scale) is the first time I've actually been able to visualize the stubby version of Trump.

Relative to ScotiaPlaza... I think we can claim a legitimate 800 footer (plus flagpole) here. It's 925 foot claim is downright Australian.

Think it's time to move this fella to the S/W corner of Yonge and Bloor where it will matter a little bit for a few years.

I christen ye "Trumpette". Aka a small horn with a loud sound when lips are pursed properly and enough air is pumped in.

stubby.jpg

Wow, so the roof of Trump is only going to be around the bottom of the 'notches' in the top of Scotia? That doesn't seem far off the top of B/A center either!

Update from today. It's difficult to get a good shot in, especially since I was in a hurry.

img3989dy5.jpg

It didn't seem like there was too much progress on the hole at the south east corner.

It'll be fine, for the tiny footprint it has it's going to look really tall. For those of you that don't love it just try and think of it as infill.

:)

thx for this terrific site!

i d/led all the presentation boards off of that site.

262 files and 1.46gb in total :eek:

Hey, you're welcome!

I also explored around a bit, I didn't recognize most of the projects though. It did make me wonder how the Trump Tower managed to find itself in a forum ostensibly celebrating architectural excellence.

how do all these renderings keep making this building look so stumpy? With such a tiny footprint, it should look slender at 30 stories.

Back