Yeah the fact that the wood structure is effectively hidden makes it pretty meh to me. I was initially quite excited too, especially as it was building up.
I am pretty sure it is because of the reflection of the glass..

It should look much better when they have interior lighting and at night so the glass is more transparent.

December 21, 2022

IMG_20221221_123626863_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221221_123702438_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221221_123829032_HDR.jpg

I was initially excited for this building to go up, but I walked by it yesterday and discovered the cladding is a rather bilious shade of greenish-grey. It certainly doesn't look anything at all like the render, which is quite disappointing. Does it look any better in sunlight?

I was initially excited for this building to go up, but I walked by it yesterday and discovered the cladding is a rather bilious shade of greenish-grey. It certainly doesn't look anything at all like the render, which is quite disappointing. Does it look any better in sunlight?

I can't say I agree w/that characterization of the green. I find it to be somewhere between sage and olive and I'm fine w/it. To each their own, of course.

Oh no, not bilious😱😱😱!

In total fairness, while I disagree w/that characterization myself, as noted above, I love the use of the word. It's so much more pleasing off the tongue than nauseating or vomit-inducing.

I doubt it. Hines would want leasing commitments in place before they break ground, unless they're willing to do it on spec. As of mid-way through last year, this one didn't yet have a tenant lined up.

Back