bayside-01.jpg

Taken back on July 17th. It shows that they wrapped the lower level concrete pillars (which I presume to be necessary for up to a certain height on an otherwise wood framed building) with wood in order to artificially increase the appearance of a wood frame. I'm not critical of it. I actually really like it. It makes the building look warmer
419A790A-CF5B-4EE9-B65F-85686740DDEC_1_105_c.jpeg
6130EA15-4F12-4BD7-B73B-CE91C70F2A04_1_105_c.jpeg

Sterile glass curtain.

They've already installed the ground floor windows and it looks like another sterile glass frontage. I'm all for wait and see and I think the rest of the project looks nice. But unless they install fins or some other colour/texture at ground level, I'm not feeling too optimistic about that piece. Hopefully the landscaping makes up for it.

People still trust renders? Like I said, so far it looks like the ground floor will be a wall of glass with no colour or texture to jazz it up. The rest of the build looks good, but I was hoping for more at ground level. Hopefully a bit more ornamentation is installed eventually; or the improved streetscaping will make up for the glass frontage.

Looking at that ground level treatment, told ya.

Back