Construction hoist being dismantled.

Pic taken Oct 22, 2012

MpeuO.jpg

I think this building looks great all around. It draws your eye not matter from what your direction you're viewing it.

Took a few pics whilst out walking the dog earlier- noticed there's at least a dozen units occupied.

noilh2.jpg

3t2ps.jpg

2bptz7.jpg

Rumour has it a Macs Convenience store is opening up downstairs...

Thats TO tuck shop is the only convenience store in the whole entire area!

It would be interesting to see what the completed building looks like from the inside. With Condo's we usually get to see pictures of completed units but I have yet to see pictures inside these newer TCHC buildings.

I am curious how these new TCHC apartments are fitted out on the inside - what the layouts and common areas are like etc. These new TCHC buildings really look great on the outside - are they just as deluxe on the inside?

This would make an interesting cover story for UT do do (assuming TCHC would permit pictures to be taken inside - I haven't seen any interior pics of the new Regent Park apartments and town-homes - which makes me wonder if TCHC has a prohibition on interior pictures ?).

Last edited:
Locals, I am curious: Are the renters here any different than the ones in City Place? Eg: Larger families, cultural differenes etc? Is it rent geared to income? (I have sometimes thought about moving into this building, just to try something different.)

I think the main problem here is TCHC trying to follow trends, rather too late. For long term energy costs for example, less glazing would have been a better solution. Maybe a green roof with room for an outdoor garden? Richer colour--brick panels instead of that boring white.

Last edited:
Locals, I am curious: Are the renters here any different than the ones in City Place? Eg: Larger families, cultural differenes etc? Is it rent geared to income? (I have sometimes thought about moving into this building, just to try something different.)

I am not a local but out of curiosity I inquired about six months ago about the rents in this building.

There are three types of rents. Affordable, Market, and Rent geared to income "RGI". They are explained here: http://www.torontohousing.ca/news/2...ersity_and_opportunity_toronto_neighbourhoods

I received a list of Market Rents for this building. I don't have the email anymore but the "Market" rents were very affordable - a one-bedroom was just under a $1,000 a month (this includes electricity and central air-conditioning!).

I would be surprised if any Market units are left in the building but you might want to inquire. I don't know how many of the units have been set aside as RGI units but you can forget about trying to get one of these since there is a 10 year waiting list for RGI units (at least for most long term residents of Toronto).

Peepers:

This would make an interesting cover story for UT do do (assuming TCHC would permit pictures to be taken inside - I haven't seen any interior pics of the new Regent Park apartments and town-homes - which makes me wonder if TCHC has a prohibition on interior pictures ?).

Many of the new TCHC buildings participated in the Doors Open - and there had been pictures posted of the common area on UT. They are nice as in new, but not luxe in terms of finishing.

AoD

Back