Like none of you have a drink after work? Who the hell are any of you to question someone smoking pot? First of all this is a construction thread so this shouldnt even be a topic, but seriously.....leave Ganjababy alone. I can guarantee that at least 30% of the people on UT smoke marijuana. Its a personal choice and a personal issue that should not be discussed here any further.

30%? lol I bet it's much closer to 90-99% who have smoked pot at one time or another. I see no difference between pot or alcohol anyway. People are just total hypocrites.

30%? lol I bet it's much closer to 90-99% who have smoked pot at one time or another. I see no difference between pot or alcohol anyway. People are just total hypocrites.

+1

Yeah I don't understand the judgment coming from some people. It just shows their own insecurity.

And let's be honest, it's not as if all people stop drinking or smoking weed the moment they have kids. It's not like you're allowing your young kids to smoke weed, so I don't see how a single parent enjoying an occasional joint is any different from a single parent enjoying a responsible occasional drink of alcohol.

"Ganjababy" would not be my choice of username and it implies an affinity or heavy use of the drug, but at the same time, I'll defend a person's right (any person, rich or poor) to use it before I'll make judgments about their username containing it.

Anyways, it sounds to me like many people find this building to be attractive and a great addition to CityPlace, as well as a key step in making it into a true neighbourhood. I think that's what is more relevant to this thread.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't understand the judgment coming from some people. It just shows their own insecurity.

And let's be honest, it's not as if all people stop drinking or smoking weed the moment they have kids. It's not like you're allowing your young kids to smoke weed, so I don't see how a single parent enjoying an occasional joint is any different from a single parent enjoying a responsible occasional drink of alcohol.

"Ganjababy" would not be my choice of username and it implies an affinity or heavy use of the drug, but at the same time, I'll defend a person's right (any person, rich or poor) to use it before I'll make judgments about their username containing it.

Anyways, it sounds to me like many people find this building to be attractive and a great addition to CityPlace, as well as a key step in making it into a true neighbourhood. I think that's what is more relevant to this thread.

There is a good group of people that will be renting from this building. Some people are retired and single, and some are single working mothers that need to be in the downtown core. I am looking forward to moving into a unit that is reasonablly priced and not fear having to move into a bedbug infested unit. (Which most buildings in the downtown core have). Just go to bedbugregistrytoronto and see for yourself. That is the reason I chose this building. It is new, free of mould, and the next best thing that I can give my kids to owning our own house. I just wish they created the schools before the building, because it is obvious the urban planners didn't think of that before hand. 3-5yrs for schools to be built? TDSB doesn't even have these addresses on their map yet. Very fustrating for a parent.

Diversity is not only about ethnic festivals and Gay Pride Parades. It's also about poor, rich and middle class sharing the city. What makes Toronto such a great city is the fact that buildings like Market Square are being built right beside government housing. I've seen so many people come on here saying stupid things like nobody will ever buy condos in Regent Park and yet, magically, these condos sell. Why did people buy houses in Cabbagetown when it was right across the street from RP? You have Rosedale just a bridge away from St. Jamestown and yet both seem to co-exhist and enrich the city. As much as some people hate to admit it, it's that diversity and how we mix it up, that makes Toronto really unique. (and dare I say special) Cityplace is just continuing in that tradition. Diversity is our strength and that's what we really should be celebrating.

And like I've said before, ethnicity, race and sexuality is very much the same. We mix differently than almost anywhere else in the world. (that I've seen)

Last edited:
First off I'm not anti-weed. I use to smoke plenty when I was younger. If I did now and into future when I'm caring for children, you can bet I'd never be under the influence around them (marijuana or alcohol), especially at a young age. And I take it ganjababy's are young or they wouldn't be living with her.

It's not like you're allowing your young kids to smoke weed, so I don't see how a single parent enjoying an occasional joint is any different from a single parent enjoying a responsible occasional drink of alcohol.

I'll defend a person's right (any person, rich or poor) to use it before I'll make judgments about their username containing it.

You'll have to direct me to that portion of The Charter. In fact, I believe it's actually illegal in Canada (for the time being anyway).

No doubt this is an incredible building. someMidTowner's photos are a great testament to that. I think what some of the earlier posts were trying to imply, while probably crossing a line, is that there can be a relationship between the amount one has invested in their residence and the manner in which they treat it (crude example, think about how carefully you would treat a brand new $100 pair of shoes compared to if you got the exact same pair for $20, it's just psychological). Generalizing that across all people in affordable housing is categorically wrong however. I hope, and am optimistic that overall the residents will treat the space well.

Last edited:
According to our laws, yes it is illegal and not a "right". But in my opinion, it is a right, and should be legal. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't use it, ever. Just not my thing.

As for an influence on children, that's a huge assumption considering you're assuming it's being done in front of them.

Anyways, I'll stop and let this get back on topic. Just never mistake that laws and what's right are not always the same thing. Gay marriage is illegal in the USA but I sure as hell believe that's a right too. G'night!

Generalizing that across all people in affordable housing is categorically wrong however. I hope, and am optimistic that overall the residents will treat the space well.

I think that's a fair conclusion to that discussion. There are bad apples in any housing complex... in fact, I think many young people who rent condos treat them poorly, and often their parents pay the rent for them (very often in fact), so I think that's a bigger problem than TCHC tenants. But yes, there will be some bad apples in Block 32, as in any building. Hopefully, as you said, the majority will treat the building well.

Just never mistake that laws and what's right are not always the same thing.
Checkmate.

TCHC/KPMB have built a diamond. It's up to the future tenants to keep it shiny.

I personally think alcohol is worse than weed. But, it's acceptable to drink and get tanked so.... yea...

The board has gotten a lot more judgmental than before....or maybe I'm just picking up on this stuff now.

I figured people who liked design and architecture would be more open minded and accepting of "different" things.

I personally think alcohol is worse than weed. But, it's acceptable to drink and get tanked so.... yea...

The board has gotten a lot more judgmental than before....or maybe I'm just picking up on this stuff now.

I figured people who liked design and architecture would be more open minded and accepting of "different" things.

I think most of the ppl making negative comments are just pissed that they paid overpriced for their condo units in the area and bought the dream that their social status would change by getting a condo in the downtown core.
Or the suburbans are jealous because they have to go home to their ugly wives after a long day of cheating with their assistant because they are now financially responsible for their wife that wanted to start a home business after popping out their spoiled misbehaved children.

I think most of the ppl making negative comments are just pissed that they paid overpriced for their condo units in the area and bought the dream that their social status would change by getting a condo in the downtown core.
Or the suburbans are jealous because they have to go home to their ugly wives after a long day of cheating with their assistant because they are now financially responsible for their wife that wanted to start a home business after popping out their spoiled misbehaved children.

We are trying to defend you but you are digging yourself a bit of a hole with that anger and we should reaaaaalllly get back on topic

There is a good group of people that will be renting from this building. Some people are retired and single, and some are single working mothers that need to be in the downtown core. I am looking forward to moving into a unit that is reasonablly priced and not fear having to move into a bedbug infested unit. (Which most buildings in the downtown core have). Just go to bedbugregistrytoronto and see for yourself. That is the reason I chose this building. It is new, free of mould, and the next best thing that I can give my kids to owning our own house. I just wish they created the schools before the building, because it is obvious the urban planners didn't think of that before hand. 3-5yrs for schools to be built? TDSB doesn't even have these addresses on their map yet. Very fustrating for a parent.

you hit the nail on the head here as to why publicly-funded housing for lower income citizens is so crucial to building a healthy society... just look at the numerous benefits you listed. As a public health scientist and professor of health sciences, I can tell you that every society in the world that invests in housing for lower income citizens (and other public infrastructure initiatives... e.g., universal healthcare, free education, etc.) is a healthier society on the whole. For those of you who think that you will somehow suffer if you live next to lower income people, take a look at the St. Lawrence neighbourhood - studied widely and touted as one of Canada's healthiest communities. When people of different socioeconomic statues are mixed together in a neighbourhood, everyone benefits. And I mean everyone - studies around the world show that even wealthier people benefit when living in mixed SES neighbourhoods.

Lark

I see no difference between pot or alcohol anyway. People are just total hypocrites.

There's a big difference in a condo. Drinking alcohol, you don't stink up the hallway. You just stink up yourself. Smoking pot, it travels through the vents and the whole floor smells. Contrary to your belief, not everyone takes drugs. It annoys all your neighbours who have to smell it. Being a personal choice doesn't make it right. You could rob or stab someone. That's a personal choice too. But is that the right thing to do?

Last edited:

Back