I think both the tower and the new Union entrance look very good! Can't wait for it all to be done.

October 27

4052218052_70604e7352_b.jpg

Buildings and photo very classy. Stupid Maple Leaf logo, not so much.

Trees have been delivered for placement along Bremner... but after seeing the beauties going up along Bloor the little sticks they have delivered here will be quite underwhelming.
Additionally the two long pits for the trees seem too small to facilitate their growth. :(

It does seem unnecessarily expansive, but I'd wait until the area fills in before passing judgment. Once 18 York and the office component of Ice are built that open area might be like a little oasis. And then if the tailgate parties in front of the ACC turn into a regular thing (has anyone gone down for one yet?) I think that extra space might be welcomed

Once signage is up (on Telus as well as MLS), and trees are in, and there are people walking around, that wide sidewalk will be quite welcomed.

The Telus Tower makes a strong statement, even if it is very overpowering at ground level. I am beyond impressed with it :)

I think it's supposed to feel large like that. It should have a plaza sort of feel to it. Otherwise it would be way too claustrophobic when it's busy.

I think the scale is right on. Lets not forget there is an arena that holds almost 20,000 people on this street. Anyone who has been to a Leafs game, Raptors game or a concert here knows that the space is definitely needed.

Other than residents at MLSE and office dwellers facing south in the core who is going to be able to see the Telus sign up top? Doesn't look you be able to see it from the Gardiner.

I agree, it seems an odd place to have spent so much on a sign that will only be seen fleetingly between the new and growing crowd of other, taller towers.

Back