Jeez I hope the curtain wall has that level of detail. Will be interesting to see what that corrugated metal ends up being made up/looking like. Has the potential to end up looking quite cheap (doubtful given it's Norman Foster but who's to say in Toronto).

Today.
IMG_7857.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7857.JPG
    IMG_7857.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
Was speaking to a friend of mine at the weekend who works for GFL's shoring operation and he said they are still waiting on the big new machine coming from Europe for this project.

Yumpin' Yimminy!

If this project is officially in construction mode. It would be nice to see it labeled in Skyscraper Page as in construction mod finally surpassing BMO tower in Toronto!

I came across some information about the One from an interview with Sam Mizrahi conducted by Condo Now. I believe this was done in May of this year, but I believe the design was already finalized during that time. Yes, the source it's coming from isn't very reassuring, but either way, some of the information is new to me, and probably still relevant - at least most of it. If this is a repost then the mods can delete.

I've quoted only some of the bits I found interesting.
Original source: https://condonow.com/The-One-Condos
Source to actual interview:
1) https://condonow.com/learn/the-one-condos-sam-mizrahi-interview-part1/
2) https://condonow.com/learn/the-one-condos-sam-mizrahi-interview-part2/
3) https://condonow.com/learn/the-one-condos-sam-mizrahi-interview-part3/

-----------------------
This information is from CondoNow, updated September 5th (could be speculation on their end):

- VIP Launch Late Sep, 2017 (one specific date of Sept 19th was mentioned on their website for a promotion... take it as a grain of salt, but that is next Tuesday)
- Suite size 550 - 8000 sf / 650 - 9000 sf
-----------------------

Below is from Sam Mizrahi:

You know we have 31 foot sidewalks all with snow mount heated, there’s going to be a gathering area for festivities like the Christmas tree and water features like fountains and things like that where it’s a gathering place.

We’re going to be 416 units but based on the marketing and interest we’re probably going to be 380/370 units. But a lot of people are probably going to be combining units from what we’ve seen before and I think we’re probably going to have less than 350 units.

25 floors for unobstructed views. I couldn’t believe it. We kept going back because I thought something was wrong with the cameras. But it’s right. The reason is our ground floor is 34 feet. Our podium is at 61 metres. Retail 18 foot, amenities 18 feet and then you jump in the residential at 10 feet. We got approved at the OMB for an 82 storey building at 306.6m or 1005 ft but it's equivalent to 100 storeys because of the ceiling heights.

27 elevating devices in The One Condos, and the core that take you to the residential units out of the 27 are 8. Wait time of less than a minute. We’re using smart technology where the elevators are floating amongst the floors and it's destination request. They’re basically destination elevators, so the computers run on the traffic and destination requests and the elevators float in the building. There’s actually no buttons inside the elevator.

the amenity space is going to have a rooftop for the penthouse and the sub penthouse. There’re going to have sky gardens, these are going to be backyards in the sky at basically 1005 feet. With swimming pools, private pools, private outdoor fireplaces, winter gardens that are very unique that have never been done before. On the 10th floor there’s a pool deck overlooking Yonge & Bloor which is going to be open 365 days of the year so it’s heated, full snowmelt, open swimming pool with full amenities areas that you can use in January. The pool will be at 100 degrees.

We have a global flagship anchor tenant coming in that’s building a flagship unlike anything that has ever been seen in Canada or North America. There’s very limited number of super flagships that’s being built globally and we are one of the very few.

side note: [is this a reference to Apple's 'Town Square' flagship locations?]

The whole building is valet and we’re doing that for a number of reasons primarily security for the building. We want to control all vehicles any deliveries and cars. As a result we have to inspect and we park it, there’s no one who can self-park. Parking maintenance is built into the maintenance fees if you require a parking spot.

We have an incredible hospitality entertainment anchor that’s going to be going in and the nightlife will be again that of an international world class high street of tenant. It’s going to be a mix of restaurants. 6 different ones along with a lobby bar and lounge area. There will be outdoor space as well for entertainment and dining with a rooftop terrace and a patio that’ll be about 41 meters up overlooking the city.

“How many people does it take to make a building like this and what other construction facts do you know?”
Over 4,000 people. 6800 metric tons of steel. A LOT of glass. The ground floor is going to be sheets of glass. 3.5 m wide by 34 ft and there’s only 3 places in the world you can manufacture those. It’s very special glass with no iron.

We’re going to be using a jump system to build The One. The jump system is a new form of building, similar to what 432 Park Avenue in Manhattan used & the Burj Khalifa in Dubai where you’ve got narrow sites and super high rise structures going in. Basically it’s like Lego. We’re going to be using the latest technology in the jump system methodology. You’ve got wind, there’ll be mass dampers going on top.

Back