News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Old Mill is nice station and its only because of those silly birds stickers.

Old Mill where the boring Bloor/Danforth line basic modernist aesthetic actually works. With all the glass, the above ground section is filled with light during the day and allows for great views, it has no centre pillars, which makes it seem more open, and it has no odd colour scheme. Rather, the crisp red stripe of metal panels adds a tasteful dose of vibrant colour. It's functional too as it becomes the focal point onto which the station name was installed.

The station - because you'd need tail tracks and could not preclude any extension, and it would otherwise run up against the CN Uxbridge Sub. Though I don't know why they built most of the section between Kennedy and Warden underground, would have been cheaper to run it in a shallow trench with dips to cut under the rail spur/Birchmount.

Sorry, my bad, I wanted to refer to the extension, not the station.

Let's see if we can revive this thread for a little while...

This may be simple for the train-buffs but can be challenging to some...

What term is used to describe the type of station Union is (the heavy rail train shed)?

You mean the Bush train shed, designed by Lincoln Alexander Bush (and there's a name that sounds a little odd these days...) Or that it's a through station rather than a terminal station?

What's the only subway station that you have to climb four stairs first to get on the escalator?
180px-Ttc_toronto_christie_station_escalator.jpg

Last edited:
Komiksulo is correct.

The answer is the Bush Train Shed.

To answer the next question: Christie
StIdes, when you post a picture, make sure the link to the picture doesn't contain the answer ;)

StIdes, when you post a picture, make sure the link to the picture doesn't contain the answer ;)
lol that's cheating! Why would you randomly look at the link?! You're right by the way........ OBVIOUSLY :)

Last edited:
Komiksulo is correct.

The answer is the Bush Train Shed.

To answer the next question: Christie

I suppose Chirstie is the only station where the only escalator out has the extra steps, but there are many other escalators like this all over the system.

Does anyone know why this happens?

lol that's cheating! Why would you randomly look at the link?! You're right by the way........ OBVIOUSLY :)

I was trying for a larger image, and noticed the link lol.

1. What station has the longest escalator?

2. What station has the shortest escalator?

3. In which TTC station(s) must you enter the paid area to board another system's vehicle?

3. Downsview and Islington as well.

Oops. Just goes to show how long it's been since I've last had a reason to commute through this part of town.

Back