News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Here's a good one:

What does the practice of "soaking", in TTC-speak, refer to?

When a driver runs ahead of schedule, with the intension of leaving the following driver with more passengers and his own vehicle with fewer.

This is one of my pet peeves :mad:

When a driver runs ahead of schedule, with the intension of leaving the following driver with more passengers and his own vehicle with fewer.

This is one of my pet peeves :mad:

Got it.

But it can also refer to a bus being directly behind another one and intentionally staying so, rather than passing and collecting the growing crowds further down the route.

Either way, it refers to a driver intentionally not helping with the loads in the interest of laziness.

Last edited:
All good guesses, however I believe that the shallowest entrance to a subway station is the Pleasant Avenue entrance to St. Clair. At that location, the subway platform lies only 21 steps down from street level, which is only slightly deeper than a typical floor in a building. It is possible that the Sheppard platforms are even shallower at Sheppard-Yonge station, however you can't access them directly from the sidewalk.

All good guesses, however I believe that the shallowest entrance to a subway station is the Pleasant Avenue entrance to St. Clair. At that location, the subway platform lies only 21 steps down from street level, which is only slightly deeper than a typical floor in a building. It is possible that the Sheppard platforms are even shallower at Sheppard-Yonge station, however you can't access them directly from the sidewalk.
I'd be surprised if it is 21 steps from the the eastern entrance to Lesie to platform level - particularly as you have to walk up to the entrance, before going down the stairs. I'll count next time I'm there.

Back to shallow subway entrances: how shallow is the Glen Rd entrance to Sherbourne?

Back