Yeah, and John Tory told us that he'd have Smart Track up and running in 7 years. That was in 2014. How are those trains today?

There's no way that RDP gets going in 2022. None whatsoever. Read it now, quote me later.

I was doubtful about this (Rail Deck Park) ever getting done and that was before Covid. Now, given the city's finances, I don't see it ever happening (but I'm happy to be wrong on this one).

Last edited:
I was doubtful about this ever getting done and that was before Covid. Now, given the city's finances, I don't see it ever happening (but I'm happy to be wrong on this one).

Some similar iteration will be built if not this, eventually. The land in this location is simply too valuable for it to remain in its current use. The highest and best use is for something similar to the current proposal, if not the current proposal.

EDIT: Sorry, i thought you were talking about the thread title - Union Park. Yes, agreed RDP is a question mark.

Last edited:
All Toronto vs Chicago posts have been moved to the appropriate thread.
Keep things project-specific here

This thread bump is thinly-disguised promotion for my November Future Skyline update... 5 dozen changes and even stuffed Union Park into this one (mods will see "on-topic" screenshot below). Full Yorkville to the lake renders and a link to a higher resolution pano can be viewed by clicking the thread link in my signature - just scroll down past the June render.:)

Southcore-thumb.jpg

Last edited:
This thread bump is thinly-disguised promotion for my November Future Skyline update... 3 dozen changes and even stuffed Union Park into this one (mods will see "on-topic" screenshot below). Full Yorkville to the lake renders and a link to a higher resolution pano can be viewed by clicking the thread link in my signature - just scroll down past the June render.:)

View attachment 281510
Not to be a stickler over one's effort, but Concord Canada House needs updating. Sorry. :(

(Nicely done though!)

Edit/PS: And rather rude of me to ask that...since you put a lot of work into that. So feel free to /ignore my request. My apologies. /bows

Last edited:

I wonder if the developers on the surrounding properties are going to share the costs of decking over the rail corridor? They could split the costs based on how much frontage they would have along the new park. Maybe Allied is also involved as part of Union Centre? Maybe even Quadreal with the existing Southcore Financial Centre? Split enough ways, the raildeck park would be affordable for all these big-pocketed developers who would also see the values of their surrounding properties rise pretty substantially.

TTR is certainly open to negotiation but, as always, the numbers have to make sense. My understanding is that at this point, they don't.

My understanding is that Oxford had the entire area behind the MTCC and Rogers Centre under air rights contract. Not that that makes the development of the overbuild viable ...

My understanding is that Oxford had the entire area behind the MTCC and Rogers Centre under air rights contract. Not that that makes the development of the overbuild viable

My understanding is that Oxford had the entire area behind the MTCC and Rogers Centre under air rights contract. Not that that makes the development of the overbuild viable ...
Based on the new materials it seems this is correct. There are applications to sever and aquire air rights.

Back