Considering Parapan-Am (the para games after the panam games), that would be an unacceptable state of affairs.

Will they at least have the terminuses accessible -- Pearson and Union?
Surely there are elevators already at Union Station. I can't think of any ones specifically for the UPX. And I'd have thought the existing elevators at Pearson would be servicing the UPX platform - though I haven't seen quite how they've done it. Surely, this is just Weston and Bloor. I doubt neither are particularly essential for the Parapan games. I'd also expect that they'd be done by August.

Surely there are elevators already at Union Station. I can't think of any ones specifically for the UPX. And I'd have thought the existing elevators at Pearson would be servicing the UPX platform - though I haven't seen quite how they've done it. Surely, this is just Weston and Bloor. I doubt neither are particularly essential for the Parapan games. I'd also expect that they'd be done by August.

UPX Pearson Station will be using the link elevators.

Since the Union UPX is west of York, don't see one unless going down to York St itself. Will use the PATH to get to Union Station.

Getting elevators into Bloor and Weston Station is one of many places that need to be done by June.

After seeing James North Sat, I sure hope Metrolinx has a backup plan how to get accessibility to/from the platform if the "SINGLE" elevator goes out of service during the games. Metrolinx and the Province will have egg all over their face and given a bad rap for only having "ONE" elevator per platform if that elevator breakdown. Better have service personnel sitting on site to jump upon a breakdown during the games. Otherwise we will be known World Wide for not caring for the accessibility when there is a policy in place for them in the first place.

Having a look at Clarkson on Sunday to see where those late year old elevators are at.

It's incredibly weird to see Weston and Bloor with full stations, as opposed to just asphalt platforms.

Since the Union UPX is west of York, don't see one unless going down to York St itself. Will use the PATH to get to Union Station.

There's an elevator in front of the entrance to good life fitness off York street next to the stair well. The UPX station is just west of it on the 2nd level - but its ridiculously slow one.

After seeing James North Sat, I sure hope Metrolinx has a backup plan how to get accessibility to/from the platform if the "SINGLE" elevator goes out of service during the games. Metrolinx and the Province will have egg all over their face and given a bad rap for only having "ONE" elevator per platform if that elevator breakdown. Better have service personnel sitting on site to jump upon a breakdown during the games. Otherwise we will be known World Wide for not caring for the accessibility when there is a policy in place for them in the first place.
think you might be overestimating how much the rest of the world gives a stuff about the Pan Am Games and anything that happens there, whatever about the Americas.

think you might be overestimating how much the rest of the world gives a stuff about the Pan Am Games and anything that happens there, whatever about the Americas.

Exactly, we have to stop pretending that the Pan Am Games are going to be some transformative moment for Toronto. Winnipeg did not become known world wide after hosting the Pan Am games TWICE (1999 and 1967). In fact most countries, especially the Americans won't even send their top athletes. It's too bad we have to spend excessive amounts of money on hosting the third tier games as an excuse for transit development.

Unless a scandal occurs, like a flagship paralympics athlete who is late because of an elevator breakdown, and one country whines about it a national issue, and the international news picks up on it, and so on...

Unless a scandal occurs, like a flagship paralympics athlete who is late because of an elevator breakdown, and one country whines about it a national issue, and the international news picks up on it, and so on...
Why would any of the athletes be using elevators in transit stations? They've got an entire bus system at their disposal for getting to games.

Why would any of the athletes be using elevators in transit stations? They've got an entire bus system at their disposal for getting to games.

even if athletes are using trains...since Bloor and Weston are near, neither, the village or the venues...why would they be using those stations?

even if athletes are using trains...since Bloor and Weston are near, neither, the village or the venues...why would they be using those stations?
Athlete's aren't using TTC and GO ... not unless they want to travel the city in their spare time.

They'll get dirty over time, but GO Transit keeps its property clean. Graffiti probably won't be an issue because it goes on solid walls, not glass.

They've already been tagged and cleaned at least twice. Here's one example:

B9l1kHVCEAAJKGm.jpg

https://twitter.com/gcaira/status/565612497580064772

There was another time when a much larger series of tags hit all along the top of the walls.

Attachments

• B9l1kHVCEAAJKGm.jpg
    B9l1kHVCEAAJKGm.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 727
Metrolinx should have went with green walls.

green_wall.jpg

Attachments

• green_wall.jpg
    green_wall.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 794
It wont solve the problem, rather it may actually make things more costly. Maintenance will still be required to curb overgrowth, weeds and eventually after a few years the metal fences shown in the rendering may start to rust.
Then the usual round of public complaints and a feature article in the Fixer column in the GTA section of the Tor Star

Last edited by a moderator:

Back