From the flicker page:

unknown (2).png

Does anyone know which presentation this is from?

That's actually the problem with the flicker collection (interesting though it is), the photos and plans are not referenced so it is not clear if they are in existence, planned, fantasy or ???
All of them were planned since the concept art exists, most of it happened, a lot changed thoughout construction, and very little didn’t happen. They were originally organized, but on Flickr it got all mixed up.

I just realized that they capped the album limit at 500, so 200 are missing from the link I posted. But that’s fine, it doesn’t really matter.

The walkway above the East Front Moat - between TTC and Bay Concourse is now open. The passageway below the Sir John A Plaza looks finished but it and West Front Moat remain closed.
I don’t think anyone posted any recent pictures of this.
From Dec 29
A053D399-94FD-49E7-8487-B0BA52DA005E.jpeg

A6A53A0F-847E-4D66-8A5F-9F9D06B50745.jpeg

EEE70BAA-4B45-433A-8AFC-9DF8DCE868C8.jpeg

09B5BC80-F902-429F-802C-F0D0760BE769.jpeg

And them my little girl got a zap from this utility cover. :(
35C12E49-4309-4297-89BD-B9DE793961E6.jpeg

Attachments

• 0CC746D6-9A06-40AF-AF90-DAFF9F66EA81.jpeg
    0CC746D6-9A06-40AF-AF90-DAFF9F66EA81.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 86
View of the work they did on the connection between the York and Bay Teamway. Definitely looks ready to open and much better than when they used it temporarily while Bay was still being finished.
Edit: realized I forgot to attach the images
367BF1B6-A242-4E66-A6D6-F5871CC58749.jpeg
08EE1CA8-28C8-4BEC-B09D-363B8723CE3E.jpeg
88E3B659-57CD-4318-B0DC-9AE8DF460DA2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
View of the work they did on the connection between the York and Bay Teamway. Definitely looks ready to open and much better than when they used it temporarily while Bay was still being finished.
I think the only reason it remains closed is that Union is not busy and it would be one more area to clean and supervise. The Walks and Gardens Trust artwork that is to be installed has, I am told, arrived here from Belgium but the artists, who will install it, have not yet managed to travel here.

The Council motion reads, in part:

"The public art piece went through an open public art competition and jury selection process in 2013. The piece is for the Walks and Gardens Trust Commemoration at Union Station, with the purpose of creating an interpretative installation on the Walks and Gardens Trust in perpetuity. The art piece is located below the Front Street Pedestrian Bridge, where a portion of the original trust lands were located. The jury selected "fLUX" by internationally renowned, Brussels, Belgium-based studio LAb (au) as the winning proposal. The piece will generate an immersive experience of light and sound within the corridor, providing an element of interaction that will engage pedestrians traversing the walkway. fLUX will also be a significant contribution to contemporary art and Toronto's public art collection. This Motion is urgent as design has been finalized and installation is scheduled to commence in Spring 2018." [sic!!!] See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.MM36.29

I think the only reason it remains closed is that Union is not busy and it would be one more area to clean and supervise. The Walks and Gardens Trust artwork that is to be installed has, I am told, arrived here from Belgium but the artists, who will install it, have not yet managed to travel here.

The Council motion reads, in part:

"The public art piece went through an open public art competition and jury selection process in 2013. The piece is for the Walks and Gardens Trust Commemoration at Union Station, with the purpose of creating an interpretative installation on the Walks and Gardens Trust in perpetuity. The art piece is located below the Front Street Pedestrian Bridge, where a portion of the original trust lands were located. The jury selected "fLUX" by internationally renowned, Brussels, Belgium-based studio LAb (au) as the winning proposal. The piece will generate an immersive experience of light and sound within the corridor, providing an element of interaction that will engage pedestrians traversing the walkway. fLUX will also be a significant contribution to contemporary art and Toronto's public art collection. This Motion is urgent as design has been finalized and installation is scheduled to commence in Spring 2018." [sic!!!] See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.MM36.29
They have the art piece for the North wall, and there was plans for vendors on the south side? Small ones like on the promenade I believe

She is good. She jumped, yelped and was scared for a minute as was I. I notified 311 immediately but I’m not sure if the cover was inspected and we haven’t completed anymore live tests to confirm.
Electrified covers should not be something we need to worry about, jeez. That’s one of the reasons my dog wears rubber shoes in the winter.

They have the art piece for the North wall, and there was plans for vendors on the south side? Small ones like on the promenade I believe
I think the potential vendor space is on north side of the York moat - really beneath Front St sidewalk.

I fixed the issue of both organizing and how some photos were left out in the concept art folder, if you previously found the old one difficult to use, take a look at the post again.

Edit: realized I forgot to attach the images
View attachment 375044View attachment 375045View attachment 375046
Not too long ago they held an art event in there, here’s a tweet from it:I’m not sure if the York/Front Moat is actually open, or if that was some sort of special event only:

Back