IMG_7043.jpeg

Just went to site office at back!! Met 2 guys from city brampton there only to help with preventing the garage pit from flooding , looks like they doing some sort of pumping water.. noticed and guys was telling me Vandyk didnt pay trades since last Oct..like - $10 mil missing.. construction company that was there , since thursday moved out all their equipment, small crane truck that was at back that was used for building those units gone , all those pallets and stuff from pit gone.. guys said look like this site is done probably bankrupt or maybe sell off to other builder..
well people i dont know.. looks like maybe next year we have to try get our deposits back.. this look like a dead deal..
Looks like almost 7 units half built at back!!
Guys said Vandyk is paying them as subtrades but they are from the City..
Said like $10 mil missing or not accounted for.

Last edited:
Just went to site office at back!! Met 2 guys from city brampton there only to help with preventing the garage pit from flooding , looks like they doing some sort of pumping water.. noticed and guys was telling me Vandyk didnt pay trades since last Oct..like - $10 mil missing.. construction company that was there , since thursday moved out all their equipment, small crane truck that was at back that was used for building those units gone , all those pallets and stuff from pit gone.. guys said look like this site is done probably bankrupt or maybe sell off to other builder..
well people i dont know.. looks like maybe next year we have to try get our deposits back.. this look like a dead deal..
Can you email Domenic and John Vandyk this exact thing you experienced, and see what response they provide?

I would myself but I don’t want to paraphrase / misquote.

If that’s the case they really need to be upfront about it at this time and give deposits back.

Last edited:
Can you email Domenic and John Vandyk this exact thing you experienced, and see what response they provide?

I would myself but I don’t want to paraphrase / misquote.

If that’s the case they really need to be upfront about it at this time and give deposits back.
Emailing Domenic would not serve any purpose.. they know what they doing.. they probably wait until apr2025.. then say that project is bankrupt .. due to covid .. then we will have to try get back deposits.,per Tarion coverage of deposits if purchase before 2018 there is max amt covered .. have to looked into it.. if they did not pay that construction that just left why would you think they will pay the next one as Domenic said.. trades community would know of Vandyk..

Emailing Domenic would not serve any purpose.. they know what they doing.. they probably wait until apr2025.. then say that project is bankrupt .. due to covid .. then we will have to try get back deposits.,per Tarion coverage of deposits if purchase before 2018 there is max amt covered .. have to looked into it.. if they did not pay that construction that just left why would you think they will pay the next one as Domenic said.. trades community would know of Vandyk..

Try sending an email and see what he says, would love to get a response with all those details you provided! Great findings!

Johnny Vandyk (Owner) - johnny@vandyk.com
Domenic Zita (Executive VP, Managing Director, Operations) - dzita@vandyk.com
Joanna Xie (Sales Coordinator) - jxie@vandyk.com
Andrea Wong (Vice President, Marketing) - awong@vandyk.com

Please share any response from them as well, that would be great!

They got money from 300 buyers and use it for themselves. Still they are keep providing false promise to the buyers. If the project is done deal. Why are they still planning to stretch for years?

They got money from 300 buyers and use it for themselves. Still they are keep providing false promise to the buyers. If the project is done deal. Why are they still planning to stretch for years?

I don't know, I feel like forwarding these findings to Vandyk may help get some clarification. Or push them to be honest for once.

Those guys @Deanfeb met are from the City of Brampton. It is definitely concerning, I don't think they would be lying about these facts.

@Deanfeb did you happen to get any names, ID, or business cards?

I don't know, I feel like forwarding these findings to Vandyk may help get some clarification. Or push them to be honest for once.

Those guys @Deanfeb met are from the City of Brampton. It is definitely concerning, I don't think they would be lying about these facts.

@Deanfeb did you happen to get any names, ID, or business cards?
No, i just kinda let myself in the yard and went to the office but was all shut tight and look thru the windows and saw all desks empty clean.. so took those photos and saw a truck parked towards the front and guys was busy doing some sort of pumping water into tanks tried talking to them but was hesitant so i kept digging and little they would say is what i mentioned ..i asked who is paying you guys.. then he said they drom City but subtrade and i guess vandyk is just paying them/ city ..

No, i just kinda let myself in the yard and went to the office but was all shut tight and look thru the windows and saw all desks empty clean.. so took those photos and saw a truck parked towards the front and guys was busy doing some sort of pumping water into tanks tried talking to them but was hesitant so i kept digging and little they would say is what i mentioned ..i asked who is paying you guys.. then he said they drom City but subtrade and i guess vandyk is just paying them/ city ..
If they're abandoning the project, why even waste money/time with pumping water out though?

I guess to avoid flooding , maybe bylaw.

Good point. Why do you think they're just not letting us know now and giving deposits back? Would builders not let you know sooner than later if cancelling? I haven't heard of builders cancelling a project this many years into a project and just paying unecesarily. They only have 10% of buyer deposits.

Good point. Why do you think they're just not letting us know now and giving deposits back? Would builders not let you know sooner than later if cancelling? I haven't heard of builders cancelling a project this many years into a project and just paying unecesarily. They only have 10% of buyer deposits.
20% They already got 15%.. the 5% is when taking possession !

Back