We should gather all the buyers and protest outside the uptown’s sales office.
We should gather all the buyers and protest outside the uptown’s sales office.
These buyers wont do it..I met a few sometimes when i stop at the site and some say they kinda happy is not done and taking longer cuz they dont have the cash now to own and rates so high..

Its getting more weird? Would be surprise if they really complete this project? Do the numbers ftom the time they presold and now the cost for those same units , prices are like 50-60% more and materials are way more!! I dont know building costs etc and would wonder how they would complete it and come out with a profit?
That's the thing I was thinking to... only way they can make a big profit is to sell that land. If they bought that land for 10 million back than and now it's 30 million, they can just give back the deposit and sell it and make profit even after paying off the construction cost. The fact that the land is already clear and dug is helpful for the new builder. It happened before where Vandyk bought land from another builder. The builder gave back the deposit and just sold off the land.

I guess the only way to get answers is to see what the next update from them says. Calling these people is of no help, they just re-direct you or give a useless respond. Their office at heart lake is open tomorrow to sell the other units according to their recent Facebook post but I feel even visiting them is a waste of time. They will just say call this person and when we do, it's just a unless answer. I'm trying to stay positive and just think that if they were to complete the
backyard neighbourhood even though it took 10 years, there is hope for this one to. Just have to wait I guess.
I think the next update will be July 2024!

Yes July 30th, 2024
July 2024….still a year for an update. How do they get away with this? Where did the date July 2024 come from? We are suppose to close October 2024. Most of us are very anxious to get this completed, I dont know why people are happy still not completed we all purchased years ago.

July 2024….still a year for an update. How do they get away with this? Where did the date July 2024 come from? We are suppose to close October 2024. Most of us are very anxious to get this completed, I dont know why people are happy still not completed we all purchased years ago.
I don't think anyone is happy, this whole forum is about buyers sharing their frustration about the delays. The date is from the last notice we got from the company about the closing date.

If anybody can get hold of somebody at Vandyk and request a group meeting we might get the answers we need
Vandyk will not setup a meeting with you. There's nothing to benefit them in doing so. I think the only thing to do now is to have local news and newspaper's follow-up with our complaints to the builder through their own investigations on our behalf. Vandyk only cares about publicity and money sadly.

Vandyk will not setup a meeting with you. There's nothing to benefit them in doing so. I think the only thing to do now is to have local news and newspaper's follow-up with our complaints to the builder through their own investigations on our behalf. Vandyk only cares about publicity and money sadly.
The architect replied..
Dean
We are not the builder for this project. Any questions with respect to project schedule need to be directed to the developer.

Best of luck,
Andrew Muffitt, OAA, LEED AP
Partner

Kohn Partnership Architects Inc.

The architect replied..
Dean
We are not the builder for this project. Any questions with respect to project schedule need to be directed to the developer.

Best of luck,
Partner

The architect replied..
Dean

Best of luck,
Partner

I also put a review of Vandyk in NEXTDOOR app (neighbour app) and got this reply from someone..

dean. Same with condos, my daughter bought one from this builder in the area of Queensway/ Parklawn to move in at the end of May. After 3 delays, we finally went for the P.D. I. and the condition of the unit was a disgrace. I am a handyman working in condos and I was in shock wit the workmanship, let alone quality. When I asked their rep, we were told that most important defects would fixed in the next 2/3 days. Well, according to my daughter, they went there this past week, and I'm not talking about cosmetic defects, the list was over a 100 items, including receptacles not working, light fixtures not installed, entry door not locking or unlocking, just to mention a few and Tarion doesn't help (I already knew that). Bottom line, the quality of their workmanship is non existent, I could go on forever. Stay away from that builder Chara Thanks

I also put a review of Vandyk in NEXTDOOR app (neighbour app) and got this reply from someone..

dean. Same with condos, my daughter bought one from this builder in the area of Queensway/ Parklawn to move in at the end of May. After 3 delays, we finally went for the P.D. I. and the condition of the unit was a disgrace. I am a handyman working in condos and I was in shock wit the workmanship, let alone quality. When I asked their rep, we were told that most important defects would fixed in the next 2/3 days. Well, according to my daughter, they went there this past week, and I'm not talking about cosmetic defects, the list was over a 100 items, including receptacles not working, light fixtures not installed, entry door not locking or unlocking, just to mention a few and Tarion doesn't help (I already knew that). Bottom line, the quality of their workmanship is non existent, I could go on forever. Stay away from that builder Chara Thanks

VANDYK will probably delay
this project so long that people will get frustrated and ask back for deposits and they will be so happy to make more cash eventually!!

Back