My parents, who also purchased a unit at Victory, got a letter today with a tentative occupancy date of Feb 28th, 2011

They are proceeding to finish the structure at street level.

The end of February does not sound unrealistic.

Actually it is totally unrealistic. there is not any way they can finish that building in 10 months. August-September 2011 sounds more realistic

i received a letter claiming an occupancy date of feb. 28 as well. seeing as the building is only 12 floors, it can easily be completed 10 months, although i highly doubt that it will be. still, as a first time home buyer, any news is exciting!

i received a letter claiming an occupancy date of feb. 28 as well. seeing as the building is only 12 floors, it can easily be completed 10 months, although i highly doubt that it will be. still, as a first time home buyer, any news is exciting!

carturo15 is right. Ten months is unrealistic.

To make a very rough comparison, 75 Portland nearby is 11 storeys and just began occupancy this month. Here's a picture of 75 Portland at the stage of construction where Victory is now.

That was around November 2008. Seventeen months ago .

I believe this time next year doesn't sound unreasonable, for the lower floors at least.
A little under a month per floor is totally realistic, unless of course we have a trade strike or a brutal winter this year.
The sub-floors always take so long; we should see things pick up now that they're at ground level.

Last edited:
4 May 2010 update: Victory at last!

dsc03377v.jpg

I'm gonna have to go down one day and check it out. Since this is the first time I've bought, I'm excited to see things coming along and really cannot wait to move down (whenever that may be)

Back