This project has a very creative and clever design, and is in a great location being where shipping took place years ago, but I will never understand why they decided to go with the typical condo glass and seafoam green spandrel. If they were going for the industrial shipping crates look, why not clad it similar to NEO Bankside? Seems perfect for this type of idea.

Still, glad that the foot of Yonge street is actually being used, and with a better-than-generic condo design!

This project has a very creative and clever design, and is in a great location being where shipping took place years ago, but I will never understand why they decided to go with the typical condo glass and seafoam green spandrel. If they were going for the industrial shipping crates look, why not clad it similar to NEO Bankside? Seems perfect for this type of idea.

Still, glad that the foot of Yonge street is actually being used, and with a better-than-generic condo design!

It's not 'typical condo glass,' it's a hybrid curtain/window wall and quite a step above said 'typical condo glass.' The answer as to why it wasn't clad similar to NEO is simple: budget. NEO is a high-end luxury product while Pier27 is pretty standard. Many of NEO's units look like this:

NEO_Bankside_C1702_Main_Room__8478.jpg

Cities take time to mature and develop. Toronto's in a bit of a teenage growth spurt now - lots of quantity but sadly, little quality. It'll be a few years yet before we get anything as good as the above.

For those who are tired of certain motifs in the city... I wonder if people in 19th century Paris would say, 'oh geez, not another Haussmann... enough with the mansard roofs already!!'?

It's not 'typical condo glass,' it's a hybrid curtain/window wall and quite a step above said 'typical condo glass.' The answer as to why it wasn't clad similar to NEO is simple: budget. NEO is a high-end luxury product while Pier27 is pretty standard. Many of NEO's units look like this:.

No kidding, didn't know that's what the interiors of NEO were like, that would definitely explain it.

I knew the glass quality was high at Pier 27, I just always thought how cool it would be to have something like NEO Bankside on that prime spot.

Forget condos - we'd be lucky to get something as high quality in some of our office developments. And FYI - a 1 Bedroom 570 sq. ft unit in NEO Bankside will set you back 900K...Pounds.

AoD

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread, but I just checked out the NEO website. Wow! Those may very well be the best interiors I've ever seen in a condo. Next level stuff.

Today:

pier27 (1).jpg

pier27 (2).jpg

pier27 (3).jpg

pier27 (4).jpg

pier27 (5).jpg

pier27 (6).jpg

pier27.jpg

Attachments

• pier27 (1).jpg
    pier27 (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,490
  • pier27 (2).jpg
    pier27 (2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,458
  • pier27 (3).jpg
    pier27 (3).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,447
  • pier27 (4).jpg
    pier27 (4).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,471
  • pier27 (5).jpg
    pier27 (5).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • pier27 (6).jpg
    pier27 (6).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,455
  • pier27.jpg
    pier27.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,479
The colour of the spandrel on the bridge features is very unfortunate and really places an emphasis on the horizontal, but the cross-bracing motif is making a very nice effect. One of my favourite projects for sure.

Back