I sure hope that spandrel doesn't take away from the overall final look. There are so many other colors they could have used.

Green! Why did it have to be green? From certain angles this will now just disappear into the Pinnacle/18 Yonge cluster. Very disappointing.

"Seafoam green spandrel? really?"

Hey, it's our era's orange shag carpet. On the bright side future generations can take delight in tearing it all out.

"Seafoam green spandrel? really?"

Hey, it's our era's orange shag carpet. On the bright side future generations can take delight in tearing it all out.

Yes but the difference is that shag carpet was actually considered stylish back then. Green spandrel went out of style a decade ago, but yet we still use it.

The pale seafoam green is not my choice, but it's not that bad. At least it's not teal like at Trump.

Looks like aA is using the same curtain wall clips for some kind of exterior architectural wall treatment as at Theatre Park.

Most likely: The spandrel is white, and the green color is coming from the glass.

It's a huge premium to get crystal-clear, low-iron glass. Typical glass has a green hue to it. aA (and any decent architect) typically specifies low-iron glass but a lot of clients (especially those moving towards the end of a long and complicated project) will swap it out for the cheaper stuff, or sometimes if the contract is stipulated-sum (meaning the contractor bids on the job at a fixed price) the contractor will swap out the premium materials for cheaper ones.

I pulled these from a fish tank forum - the same color issue is why a lot of aquarium enthusiasts will spend the money to upgrade to low iron glass (it's called Starphire)

starfirevsregularGLASS2.jpg

starfirevsregularGLASS.jpg

Attachments

• starfirevsregularGLASS2.jpg
    starfirevsregularGLASS2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 943
  • starfirevsregularGLASS.jpg
    starfirevsregularGLASS.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,044

Back