I love to see THE Rogers Building. It manages to be PoMo wothout kitsch!

I love to see THE Rogers Building. It manages to be PoMo wothout kitsch!

Some may beg to differ. I don't mind it--it certainly succeeds in being *the* epitome of a particular style--but Zeidler's sparkplugs really started to go berzerk once he became infused with the PoMo spirit...

March 7 2009 update

View from Jarvis

IMG_3471-1.jpg
IMG_3472-1.jpg

Not much is going on on the back portion, it seems. What was in the plans for the section behind the white house?

Not much is going on on the back portion, it seems. What was in the plans for the section behind the white house?

I hope this answers your question (from the planning report).

"The residential tower has been located at the east end of the site marking the confluence of Jarvis Street, Mount Pleasant Road and Charles Street East. A two-storey amenity pavilion is located directly west of the proposed tower matching the scale and setback of the Gerstein Centre, thereby reinforcing the low scale character of this part of Charles Street East. The location of the proposed tower on the east end of the site also allows for sunlight and a view corridor to the stained glass window of St. Paul’s Anglican Church to the north. Further, almost one half of the site is to be landscaped open space including a public plaza along Jarvis Street, a green setback along Charles Street East and a landscaped open area and walkway that connects with the publicly accessible open space and walkways at the east end of Hayden Street."

X has come a long way since last March

Cant wait to see what it'll look like next March

At an estimate of 1 floor per week construction, hopefully the shell will be completed and they will be working on the interior.

When is the supposed tentative occupany?

At an estimate of 1 floor per week construction, hopefully the shell will be completed and they will be working on the interior.

When is the supposed tentative occupany?

March 17th 2010, -but looking at the pace of Casa (which was about about where X is right now this time last year), Im guessing people will start moving into X around Nov/Dec 2010.

Thanks for the reply dt. A public plaza sounds nice. I was under the impression that the podium was going to extend to that parcel, as well. Did the west portion come with the police building, or did they buy it separately? I imagine they didn't buy it in a separate transaction just to put a public park in there.

March 17th 2010, -but looking at the pace of Casa (which was about about where X is right now this time last year), Im guessing people will start moving into X around Nov/Dec 2010.

But X doesn't have any above grade parking like Casa did, which is partly what slowed it down so much. I think X should move a faster than that.

X March 14th Update

X is nearing completion of the 2nd floor.
The crane being taken down made my heart skip a beat.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back