Tenders are out for design on the Yonge North Subway Extension, separate tenders for tunnels and stations.

Tunnel Design – Yonge Subway Extension

https://www.merx4.merx.com/public/solicitations/725007771/abstract

Station Design - Yonge Subway Extension

https://www.merx4.merx.com/public/solicitations/725007764/abstract

From the tender: "831m below grade triple track train storage facilty for fourteen trains" (they spelt facility wrong lol)

Where would this be located? I've heard the 407 corridor before, can someone confirm?

From the tender: "831m below grade triple track train storage facilty for fourteen trains" (they spelt facility wrong lol)

Where would this be located? I've heard the 407 corridor before, can someone confirm?

Next to SilverCity Richmond Hill

The wording makes it sound like it's 831m deep underground, but it's actually a 831m LONG structure that is some distance underground. Also the location is between High Tech Rd and north of Bantry Ave, which is next to the rail corridor behind (and under) SilverCity.

I thought we were getting a whole third yard like Wilson. Storage for 14 trains, really?

There is not much land available on the Yonge Corridor for a Wilson-sized facility. Or even a Davisville-sized facility, for that matter.

Baby steps.....

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There is not much land available on the Yonge Corridor for a Wilson-sized facility. Or even a Davisville-sized facility, for that matter.

Baby steps.....

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
In this case, suggest Yonge North be converted to Yonge North/Sheppard and then trains can be despached south from Richmond Hill, north and south from Wilson via Sheppard-Yonge, north and south from Davisville and on the western leg both north and south from Wilson. This would speed deployment for rush hour in a significant manner.

In this case, suggest Yonge North be converted to Yonge North/Sheppard and then trains can be despached south from Richmond Hill, north and south from Wilson via Sheppard-Yonge, north and south from Davisville and on the western leg both north and south from Wilson. This would speed deployment for rush hour in a significant manner.

How would the trains coming from the Sheppard line stop at Sheppard-Yonge?

I know this is highly unlikely, but was the new building at RHC built with the possibility of adding stairs or escalators to go down to the subway concourse? That would be extreme forward thinking.

Assuming Sheppard West is Built:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 4.53.01 PM.png

Could something like this end up working? Wilson and greenwood would need to get much bigger, but aside from Kipling, IDK where they'd put in a new large yard.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 4.53.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 4.53.01 PM.png
    375.6 KB · Views: 560

Back