News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Unknown, but assumed.

Also note that this car has two vestibules - this is a different car configuration than the Amtrak California car that was tested at the end of 2019.

Then how did the VIA trainset get there and back out?

Dan
I know that the first Amtrak venture car was delivered by truck....

No it wasn't. It was delivered on its own wheels as the line was still open and active.

It left the facility on a truck, however.

Dan

Why would they need to test another car when the trainset they have was already tested?

Did VIA order cars with doors on each end?

Why would they need to test another car when the trainset they have was already tested?

Did VIA order cars with doors on each end?

Because the design has evolved and they want to see if their fixes and mods are effective?

Because the spec has changed ?

The diagrams for the VIA coaches are easy to find online if you try a little googling. Maybe even in the VIA thread here on UT.

- Paul

Kawartha Ethanol operates at the former 3M mine east of the village. Perhaps they are shipping product.

Dec 19
Stop by the London Grade Separation on my way to the US and construction well underway. The road has been shifted to the east with curbs in place. The road goes over the yard switches.
1671579322092.jpeg

1671579363448.jpeg

1671579405173.jpeg

1671579452243.jpeg

1671579487914.jpeg

Last edited:
I pity that passenger, who would have boarded to be greeted by an entire trainload of people who had sat still for two hours….just for them.

- Paul
Who every heard of an train arriving 2 hours ahead of schedule considering most maybe on time to a few minute late to hours late? That is a lot time padding.

Unless there was a way to inform the rider that their train was going to early as well able to meet the train sooner, the rider should take things with a gain of salt. Not their fault that riders had to sit 2 hours for them. Now 5-10 minutes is a different story if they were late and the train waited for them.

Who every heard of an train arriving 2 hours ahead of schedule considering most maybe on time to a few minute late to hours late? That is a lot time padding.

Unless there was a way to inform the rider that their train was going to early as well able to meet the train sooner, the rider should take things with a gain of salt. Not their fault that riders had to sit 2 hours for them. Now 5-10 minutes is a different story if they were late and the train waited for them.
Can't the train leave early of the passengers are accounted for?

I pity that passenger, who would have boarded to be greeted by an entire trainload of people who had sat still for two hours….just for them.
Given how frequently that train is many hours late, they are probably just relieved they'll be on time.

Back