News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The problem with this project is that...no matter how pretty the tower will turn out, YOU CAN NOT SEE IT ON THE DUNDAS SIDE. And that's where the main entrance will be right???

So, basically, you have to walk to the back of AGO to see the building, and how many people will do that? Sure, some of you may do that....but for people from out of town, or just local people passing by, they will NOT even notice there's a tower behind it.

So, it is a bust.

Yeah, because people who go to art museums aren't the sort of people who will make a minimal effort to see something interesting.

Come on, this building is NOT THAT special to have such hidden away mystery gem that people will care about. Most visitors will be tourists and then come, they enter the front, and I bet after they leave AGO, they won't even know the building exists at the back.

It's a bust.

99% of everyone who enters the new AGO will go into the light filled Walker Court, and will peer up, their eyes following the sinuous winding staircase cantilevered over the south end of the courtyard, up through the huge skylight to the giant titanium clad tower above them. Only dim bulbs will miss it.

Your latest insupportable conclusion's a bust.

this building is NOT THAT special to have such hidden away mystery gem that people will care about

If it's not special enough for people to care, why are you concerned about them potentially failing to see it from the front?

Sounds like you're just grasping for something to complain about.

Oh come on, you must admit I raised a very valid point :cool:

My friend and I walk by everyday, and he never noticed until I told him.

Wow, I was just going to say I was teasing you a bit and maybe mention that it's Frank figgin' Gehry doing this building. But I have to say though, 2 pages of people of jumping on you is pretty damn funny.

I think this project will surprise us. The shield is already quite striking as you approach along Dundas.

Come on, this building is NOT THAT special to have such hidden away mystery gem that people will care about. Most visitors will be tourists and then come, they enter the front, and I bet after they leave AGO, they won't even know the building exists at the back.

Okay then, shove that building in the back to the front. And watch the neighbours to the north go up in arms re that looming, overbearing hulk.

Better yet, fix that problem by demolishing the N side of Dundas, and have the building bridge the street. Hey, it's "creative"...

If it's not special enough for people to care, why are you concerned about them potentially failing to see it from the front?

Sounds like you're just grasping for something to complain about.

Oh, I wasn't concern, I was just saying and it's yet another Toronto project gone busted but since people are so hungry for anything, they will love anything, including that God-awful-it-should-never-have-been-allowed-to-exist-on-this-planet-ugly-opera-house.

But then, people here have such low standard, everything is awesome :cool:

Wow, I was just going to say I was teasing you a bit and maybe mention that it's Frank figgin' Gehry doing this building. But I have to say though, 2 pages of people of jumping on you is pretty damn funny.

Oh, they will jump on ANYTHING... :rolleyes:

99% of everyone who enters the new AGO will go into the light filled Walker Court, and will peer up, their eyes following the sinuous winding staircase cantilevered over the south end of the courtyard, up through the huge skylight to the giant titanium clad tower above them. Only dim bulbs will miss it.

Your latest insupportable conclusion's a bust.

That's just your imagination. You have not seen the inside, so u can't say that will be the case...you can't base all that from images and renderings. I thought they'd lit up ROM too like those pictures we saw...oh, it turns out, yet, another dark thingy at nite.

Your imagination is indeed a bust.

Oh, I wasn't concern, I was just saying and it's yet another Toronto project gone busted but since people are so hungry for anything, they will love anything, including that God-awful-it-should-never-have-been-allowed-to-exist-on-this-planet-ugly-opera-house.

But then, people here have such low standard, everything is awesome :cool:

I do have to agree with you on this. We do seem to just accept what's put in front of us rather than fighting for something better. And when we do get something good, the people who hate it come out in droves to protest it.

phunky:

Considering the AGO design went through 3 iterations as a result of public input, I wouldn't call it just taking what we're given.

Beyond that, designing the building is the architect's job - I have a feeling the complaints expressed here basically translates into micromanaging what the architect can and cannot do on a purely aesthetic basis.

Major Complainer:

That's just your imagination. You have not seen the inside, so u can't say that will be the case...you can't base all that from images and renderings. I thought they'd lit up ROM too like those pictures we saw...oh, it turns out, yet, another dark thingy at nite.

By the same token, all you have seen is a construction site that is nowhere near completion; nor have you seen what the interior (or the exterior) is going to look like. So I guess some complaints are more equal than others, eh?

AoD

Back