News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't like to repeat myself, unless it involves sex

And there's the rub... just yesterday your wife complained to me of your "same old, same old" repetitive nature behind closed doors.

As for AGO... it will turn out better than ROM. Why?

Low expectations plus excellent execution (particularly use of materials) = suprise hit ... even the whiners will toast it.

By the same token, all you have seen is a construction site that is nowhere near completion; nor have you seen what the interior (or the exterior) is going to look like. So I guess some complaints are more equal than others, eh?

AoD

Wrong
1. Even though the exterior is not completed, but you can see what it will be like. It won't go any taller or bigger or uglier etc.
2. As for the interior, I havn't made any comment (yet) about whether it's going to be nice or not, as I've not seen it.
So, I don't know where you are going with your point?

And there's the rub... just yesterday your wife complained to me of your "same old, same old" repetitive nature behind closed doors.

As for AGO... it will turn out better than ROM. Why?

Low expectations plus excellent execution (particularly use of materials) = suprise hit ... even the whiners will toast it.

That must be someone's wife. Sorry, to disappointed you that your silly insult doesn't cut it for me as I'm single, lol.

Low epxectation for you
98% of people here have high expectation
me, no expectation at all....have seen better, this one, meh

A few pics of AGO from OCAD this past weekend...

DSCN3881.jpg

DSCN3882.jpg

DSCN3884.jpg

Thanks for those Darkstar. The building is looking great. I can't wait to see the blue titanium put on.

I walked through Grange Park today and I couldn't help but notice how it can become a beautiful little corner of the city if its tidied up a bit.

Grange Park needs to be connected directly to McCaul via the parkette under OCAD. The parking lot separating the two was supposed to be removed... any news from that?

This project is moving so slowly.
I'm pretty sure that's not the final cladding, but there is no sign of the final cladding to show up on site yet.

There will be no need to see all of the south tower of the AGO when you're on Dundas Street, because the Dundas frontage will be a satisfying enough experience in itself - with the ribbed glass front, the long second floor sculpture gallery and contents on view, and views into the building on the main floor. And you won't be able to see any of that from Grange Park of course, but the experience of the building from that side will be equally interesting.

There will be no need to see all of the south tower of the AGO when you're on Dundas Street, because the Dundas frontage will be a satisfying enough experience in itself - with the ribbed glass front, the long second floor sculpture gallery and contents on view, and views into the building on the main floor. And you won't be able to see any of that from Grange Park of course, but the experience of the building from that side will be equally interesting.

I gather that MC doesn't have time for architectural foreplay. He seems to prefer shooting his wad right away. It's a mystery that he's still single.

Nice pics. Are we sure that's not the final cladding?

Ganjavih, there's no way that's the final cladding. Have a look at some closer details in the photos. There are visible seems along some parts of the facade, some of the sections are put in differently. It's obvious that this is an undercladdding.

Gehry's fish scales aren't weather proof because they overlap and allow moisture and the elements to get underneath, they're mere aesthetic. This layer seems to be weather sealed so it is clearly an under cladding.

Back