News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

And let we are being served with TWO subway lines to STC and nothing else for the entire city. No brainer, indeed.

I guess Eglinton and Spadina don't count then?

And yes, money grows on trees, that somehow you can have 3 concurrent subway extensions all under the existing funding envelope. Right. Besides you haven't answered the question - why isn't anything else but Sheppard and BD extension in RF's plan? Beyond that, please remind me how RF intended to juggle the budget as per his platform. I am sure you have read it, no?

Have you ever encountered a Conservative politician before? They promise to cut spending, but they never have a plan of what to cut and just end up spending more.

When did you ask me about Ford's plan beyond Sheppard and Danforth? I do not recall. As I mentioned, Eglinton could very well go ahead, seeing as it's underground and in his executive's wards.

Budgets never stopped any conservative politician from doing what they wanted.

Regardless, we'll have to wait until the TTC comes back to Ford with their new subway plan in January.

I am not even an LRTista, quite frankly, I don't really care that much about whether it is an LRT or HRT - I am more concerned about the completeness of the network. Clearly, you don't.

AoD

Funny you should mention completeness of the network when Transit City is totally incomplete and totally neglects the DRL. Not saying Ford is any better on that topic, but no mayor has really pushed for the DRL or campaigned on it which is really sad, because the DRL is Priority #1 in my mind and the network will always be incomplete without it.

In addition, finishing Sheppard is all about network connectivity, as I've already outlined. The SELRT went nowhere, and same goes for the SLRT. Finch West is a worthy casualty in all this, but even it wasn't complete in Transit City, seeing as it only served Finch West and NOT Finch East, which makes no sense to me.

In summary, if you want to argue about Ford's plan, maybe you should wait until the TTC releases it.

I guess Eglinton and Spadina don't count then?

Ah Eglinton - how lovely that you turned an argument on its' absence in RFs plan as a sure thing.

Have you ever encountered a Conservative politician before? They promise to cut spending, but they never have a plan of what to cut and just end up spending more.

Yes, I have encountered at least one. Mike Harris. You do remember what he did right? I sure did.

When did you ask me about Ford's plan beyond Sheppard and Danforth? I do not recall. As I mentioned, Eglinton could very well go ahead, seeing as it's underground and in his executive's wards.

Really, so very well go ahead that it isn't even on the platform in any, shape or form in the timeframe/budget for immediate implementation? You sure sound very confident.

Budgets never stopped any conservative politician from doing what they wanted.

Yes, Mike Harris is a stark reminder of that.

Regardless, we'll have to wait until the TTC comes back to Ford with their new subway plan in January.

That we will have to indeed.

Funny you should mention completeness of the network when Transit City is totally incomplete and totally neglects the DRL. Not saying Ford is any better on that topic, but no mayor has really pushed for the DRL or campaigned on it which is really sad, because the DRL is Priority #1 in my mind and the network will always be incomplete without it.

That is an non-argument and you know it. Where is DRL in RFs plan? Say what you want, but at least TTC under Millers watch did put DRL back on the agenda however reluctantly. What about RF? And two lines to one node make for more of a network? Nice try.

In addition, finishing Sheppard is all about network connectivity, as I've already outlined. The SELRT went nowhere, and same goes for the SLRT. Finch West is a worthy casualty in all this, but even it wasn't complete in Transit City, seeing as it only served Finch West and NOT Finch East, which makes no sense to me.

Eglinton is even more about network connectivity - Pearson, Eglinton, with some tweaks SCC - all clearly established nodes, and provide the same serviceblity to NYCC via Yonge northward and York/VCC via Spadina northward. That's network connectivity.

In summary, if you want to argue about Ford's plan, maybe you should wait until the TTC releases it.

Actually I will argue whenever I want to, as per the plan he has presented in his platform, and I will modify my opinion as situation warrants. What I will not do is allow some fanboy to dictate to me that I should have confidence based on his ill-found assumptions that has been throughly trashed in this post.

AoD

Actually I will argue whenever I want to, as per the plan he has presented in his platform, and I will modify my opinion as situation warrants. What I will not do is allow some fanboy to dictate to me that I should have confidence based on his ill-found assumptions that has been throughly trashed in this post.

AoD

If you wanna argue his plan, argue what's in it then and keep the discussion to Sheppard and Danforth. We'll have to save the Eglinton discussion for another day.

Fanboy of what? Subways? Ford? LMFAOZOMG. Don't make me laugh. If you'd paid any attention to any of my posts you'd know I fully support LRT on appropriate corridors and supported the gay in the election, not Rob Ford.

You think you've trashed my arguments? That's also laughable.

If you wanna argue his plan, argue what's in it then and keep the discussion to Sheppard and Danforth. We'll have to save the Eglinton discussion for another day.

The absence of something is also a presence, my dear. As to who you support personally, I don't really give one iota of care.

As to the "approrpriate corridor" debate, I think you should take a look at the Hurontario arguments - some interesting facts await you there.

AoD

The absence of something is also a presence, my dear. As to who you support personally, I don't really give one iota of care.

As to the "approrpriate corridor" debate, I think you should take a look at the Hurontario arguments - some interesting facts await you there.

AoD

Ford has talked plainly about cancelling the SELRT. I don't recall him saying anything at all about Eglinton. If Ford and the TTC decide to cancel Eglinton, I'll eat my words.

I'm very familiar with Hurontario, having lived in Mississauga my whole life. I suggest you relook at the Hurontario BCA.

We should realize that Ford has money either for Sheppard or for Eglinton, bot not for both.

If he is serious about completing Sheppard subway within the next decade, he must postpone Eglinton indefinitely (or truncate it to such a short stubway that it is hardly useful at all).

If he compromises and keeps Eglinton going, then his Sheppard subway plan is all wishful thinking. At most, he can extend it from Don Mills to VP.

We should realize that Ford has money either for Sheppard or for Eglinton, bot not for both.

If he is serious about completing Sheppard subway within the next decade, he must postpone Eglinton indefinitely (or truncate it to such a short stubway that it is hardly useful at all).

If he compromises and keeps Eglinton going, then his Sheppard subway plan is all wishful thinking. At most, he can extend it from Don Mills to VP.

I'm fine with that, as long as Danforth reaches STC.

Ford has talked plainly about cancelling the SELRT. I don't recall him saying anything at all about Eglinton. If Ford and the TTC decide to cancel Eglinton, I'll eat my words.

Read the "Transportation Plan" yourself and most importantly the funding allocations. I shouldn't have to do what you need to know for you.

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Transportation-Plan4.pdf

I'm very familiar with Hurontario, having lived in Mississauga my whole life. I suggest you relook at the Hurontario BCA.

How ironic, so did I! which makes me rather curious as to why you have such differing standards when it comes to "connectivity".

AoD

Read the "Transportation Plan" yourself and most importantly the funding allocations. I shouldn't have to do what you need to know for you.

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Transportation-Plan4.pdf

How ironic, so did I! which makes me rather curious as to why you have such differing standards when it comes to "connectivity".

AoD

Mississauga and Brampton are connecting Brampton Centre, Mississauga Centre and Port Credit by LRT, ONE form of transit, ONE line.

NYC and STC should be connected by ONE line (subway), not two or three (subway+LRT+bus)

If you recall Metrolinx already looked at that and rejected it as costing too much for too little benefit.

That is incorrect. It was weighing the options of connecting the Finch LRT to the Sheppard East LRT, not the option of the whole Sheppard Line being a subway versus the whole line being LRT.

That is incorrect. It was weighing the options of connecting the Finch LRT to the Sheppard East LRT, not the option of the whole Sheppard Line being a subway versus the whole line being LRT.

The study analyzed the option of converting the Sheppard line to LRT and it was rejected. How much clearer can it be?

Back