News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. Vector based graphics programs.

That's what I suggest before but my suggestion got a harsh reception, I guess because my map doesn't look good. It seems others have used Photoshop instead. Even so, I think a vector-based program is much simpler, much easier to use for making maps, but that's just my opinion.

Wooooo I'm now in the fictional map business! Alas, I will probably never see this kind of transit system for Toronto in my lifetime (and I'm only in my early twenties!)

Excellent map. My only nitpick is that you have the Eglinton line serving the Airport, yet Bloor still ends at Kipling with no expansion whatsoever, completely leaving Peel region in the dark. If we're going to spend billions in subway expansion, MCC should be served by the Bloor line.

Coruscanti Cognoscente: you're right. Mississauga and the rest of Peel are left out, and as a Mississaugan, that's just not right. Rather than have a Toronto subway line tunneling into the heart of Mississauga, I've added a Peel region LRT system. That way, you avoid messy jurisdictional issues *and* curtail the growth of subways in lower density regions like most of Mississauga. Also, I've extended the Downtown relief line up to Jane and Eglinton.
I promise, I'll stop spamming the thread with my maps now. This'll be the last one! :D

I use flash because its what I'm familiar with, and I find it is a lot easier to draw and modify existing lines than illustrator. I then export the image to photoshop so people can view it on the web.

This isn't a subway map per se, but it does look like one and it is a fantasy map.
Here's my fantasy network of high speed and conventional passenger rail in Ontario.
hsrmapsubweb.png

^^ Using the different shades of green for the various GO lines, and blue for the AMT, is a neat idea. Not to nit pick, but only half of Eglinton is shown, and there are 4 LRT lines missing :eek:

There's also a reference to Eglington on the map, but still, quite beautiful. I have to say, looking at the map, I thought 'I live in that city?'. I feel so euro all of a sudden.

my map

my map few changes

-EGLINTON between jane and donmills underground
-Don Mills south of Eglinton underground
-Jane south of Eglinton underground
-Sheppard SUbway converted to LRT
-BLOOR SUBWAY to connect to MCC and STC

Attachments

• ttc3.JPG
    ttc3.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

You've pretty much captured what my version of Transit City would look like with this one map. All I think it is missing is a slight extension of the Bloor-Danforth west to 427/Cloverdale (which apparently Steve Munro agrees with).

You've pretty much captured what my version of Transit City would look like with this one map. All I think it is missing is a slight extension of the Bloor-Danforth west to 427/Cloverdale (which apparently Steve Munro agrees with).

I don't see any point in extending Bloor to 427/Cloverdale. Who does that serve exactly? I don't see it as a major destination whatsoever. If you're too scared of the 905 to extend it beyond Toronto's borders, at least take it somewhere useful, like Sherway.

scroll up a bit to find the latest version of the map, you'll find it's covered! (just not with the TTC) :D

I dont like this map because the DRL only relieves ppl off of yonge if it goes north of bloor... Sure with the current DRL ppl on the bloor line will simply transfer over at Pape or dundas west. But if we want to get ppl off the yonge line because of the richmond hill extension we should really be getting ppl north of bloor to come onto the DRL as well. AS a result it makes sense to me that the DRL travels north on DON MILLS and stops at DON MILLS and SHeppard.

I also think finishing the Sheppard LIne is going to only add more stress on the yonge line.. To me it makes sense that the sheppard line connect to downsview to take ppl off of the yonge line but continuing east without adding a DRL connection st sheppard is simply going to PUT WAY TOO many ppl on yonge...

If we want STC to be accessable by subway connect it via BLOOR

Last edited:

Back