News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I actually like the idea. What I did with one of my maps is used numbers for Subway routes, and letters for LRT/BRT routes. I think that that would give a clear deliniation to people which routes are HRT and which ones aren't, while still allowing them all to be shown on the same map. It would also make interlining a lot less confusing down the road, if the routes were referred to be letters or numbers instead of by the name of the line.

NYC has a split between letters and numbers, although there's isn't from so much a practical reason as it is that the numbered routes used to be operated by a different company than the lettered routes.

Subways and commuter rail are both heavy rail, yet one is letters and one is numbers...

Besides there are already clearly differentiate form each other on the map with the symbols chosen. The symbols are what matters, right?

I prefer that the GO line remain as letters and subways as numbers as it is now. That's what I did for my map anyways. I don't see any point switching them.

Subways and commuter rail are both heavy rail, yet one is letters and one is numbers...

Besides there are already clearly differentiate form each other on the map with the symbols chosen. The symbols are what matters, right?

I prefer that the GO line remain as letters and subways as numbers as it is now. That's what I did for my map anyways. I don't see any point switching them.

I was just referring to what I did on one of my maps, that's all. And I was referring to the difference on the maps between HRT and LRT/BRT once they're implemented.

The Spadina line is not accurately displayed. Wilson and Yorkdale are right near Dufferin St, not Bathurst or Spadina. The same for Lawrence and Glencarin. I don't know why the TTC inaccurately show those stations at Spadina other than the fact its called the Spadina Line.

The extension to York University is also displayed inaccurately. If you draw a line down from York University to Dufferin Street on the Eglinton and Bloor line that's where it shows York University is at (Dufferin St), but it is at keele St so why not show it at Keele St.

The Spadina line is not accurately displayed. Wilson and Yorkdale are right near Dufferin St, not Bathurst or Spadina. The same for Lawrence and Glencarin. I don't know why the TTC inaccurately show those stations at Spadina other than the fact its called the Spadina Line.

The extension to York University is also displayed inaccurately. If you draw a line down from York University to Dufferin Street on the Eglinton and Bloor line that's where it shows York University is at (Dufferin St), but it is at keele St so why not show it at Keele St.

I agree, I never noticed that. Stations that are same street really should be properly aligned vertical or horizontally, especially when not all of the stations incorporate the name of the street.

thanks for the comments everyone. i'll try to work on a map that will include the REX lines when i get the chance.

for those who wondered, i used illustrator to do the map :)

My addition to the fantasy map thread! Changed the names of some of the stations to remove duplicates and triplets. Also paired the GO train stations with the TTC ones.

fantasymap.jpg

I really like this! Something very similar to what I've thought of. Any LRTs planned? Say a-la Transit City (Jane, Finch West)?
ps I love the 'Junction' name change!

Two changes I woudl consdier for Superman's great map:

1. In a perfect world I'd extend the E line to the Airport instead of the D line. You'd need to extend the D line up to York Centre by following the Georgetown rail line, or to Scarlett station by following the Milton rail line to Scarlett Road. This would bring people from the Airport to Downtown without changing lines. However that would duplicate the GO Airport Express train service which needs to be built before the PanAm games and there is no way a subway could be built to the airport by then, so the way that it is show is probably a more realistic option.

2. The D line needs to go to Scarborough Centre.

Two changes I woudl consdier for Superman's great map:

1. In a perfect world I'd extend the E line to the Airport instead of the D line. You'd need to extend the D line up to York Centre by following the Georgetown rail line, or to Scarlett station by following the Milton rail line to Scarlett Road. This would bring people from the Airport to Downtown without changing lines. However that would duplicate the GO Airport Express train service which needs to be built before the PanAm games and there is no way a subway could be built to the airport by then, so the way that it is show is probably a more realistic option.

2. The D line needs to go to Scarborough Centre.

1. Why would you use the DRL to go to the Airport? The Eglinton line has been planned forever to go to the Airport, and it makes sense because Eglinton runs close to the airport.

2. Why would the Eglinton line need too go to STC? With BD and Sheppard going to STC, I see no need for that (unless you interlined Eglinton and BD lines to STC)

Can somebody submit these maps (especially the last one by SUperman) to Metrolinx or GO, so that they can see how their system map SHOULD be.. and maybe they'd even contract some of this work out to you guys to get a proper, professional, clean, concise looking map.

Their mickey-mouse map they still stick with is embarrassingly amature-ish.

I remember someone here said he was commission by GO to make a map, but GO didn't pay up and they made a different map in-house, which is the crappy map they use now. The map that would have been GO's official map is in MapArt map books instead. So out of respect I don't think anyone should submit their work or offer their services to GO/Metrolinx...

I think has been a year since I work on my map and I think you've all seen it. But here's yet another version that I've been working on it yesterday and today cuz of the discussion on fare zones in another thread, which is something I did not support before. Also I saw that the London tube map show the zones so I decided to show them too. A few other minor changes too.

Last edited:
I think has been a year since I work on my map and I think you've all seen it. But here's yet another version that I've been working on it yesterday and today cuz of the discussion on fare zones in another thread, which is something I did not support before. Also I saw that the London tube map show the zones so I decided to show them too. A few other minor changes too.

Wow... just wow. Very well done! The only thing I would change would be extending the DRL up to Seneca. Besides that, perfect.

Back