News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It's a shame that TTC couldn't spend some cash on decent hoarding along the alignment and at intersections rather than the cheapass fencing and road posts. But that would be a frill I suppose...

It's a shame that TTC couldn't spend some cash on decent hoarding along the alignment and at intersections rather than the cheapass fencing and road posts. But that would be a frill I suppose...
TTC has no control over Cherry St other than doing the construction.

Standard fencing found around construct projects and can't see why you want to waste money on short term protection thanks to the Pan AM Games.

TTC has no control over Cherry St other than doing the construction.

Standard fencing found around construct projects and can't see why you want to waste money on short term protection thanks to the Pan AM Games.
It looks lazy. Look at how Metrolinx put promotional hoarding around the Eglinton (surface) bus terminal. The hoarding could have been repurposed elsewhere if it was generic enough.

It looks lazy. Look at how Metrolinx put promotional hoarding around the Eglinton (surface) bus terminal. The hoarding could have been repurposed elsewhere if it was generic enough.
Thats an TTC fencing not Metrolinx since that is TTC land.

TTC has wanted to do something with that land for years, but lack of interested in office tower and the building of the Crosstown Line has this on hold until 2022/23. What TTC may want and what the market wants are two different thing. This will be turn over to Built Toronto and will see more residential towers. In fact, that parking deck to the south will disappear over time and replace with development.

Regardless you calling these fences lazy and ugly, they are cheap to install and do the job until there is a real need for hoarding. I don't given them a second thought, other they being up way too long.

The fencing is all coming down very soon and probably belongs to Infrastructure Ontario as they are the main folks responsible for the West Don Lands at the moment. It hardly seems sensible to spend $$ on temporary fencing and if they had I bet people would (rightly) have complained.

Reactions: rbt
The fencing is all coming down very soon and probably belongs to Infrastructure Ontario as they are the main folks responsible for the West Don Lands at the moment. It hardly seems sensible to spend $$ on temporary fencing and if they had I bet people would (rightly) have complained.
I'd assume it belongs to their prime contractor on the West Donlands - or perhaps more likely, one of the prime's subs.

I'd assume it belongs to their prime contractor on the West Donlands - or perhaps more likely, one of the prime's subs.
Does it really matter who owns it? It's temporary fencing that will presumably be removed in next few days or weeks when the West Don Lands 'opens". It may not meet our usual high aesthetic standards but ....

Does it really matter who owns it? It's temporary fencing that will presumably be removed in next few days or weeks when the West Don Lands 'opens". It may not meet our usual high aesthetic standards but ....
The entire discussion seems like a bizarre waste of time, and I don't know the point of it.

I was just commenting on the ownership - as it seemed to be of import to some.

Service to Cherry St loop has started.

Noticed a number of 504 eastbound buses today with 504 Cherry St being their final destination.

that was quick. didnt look close to in service on sunday when i went by.
Drum saw the 504 bus not a 514 streetcar. The 504 bus used to loop at Parliament and now I think they are going east to Cherry before looping back. If we had any streetcars we would not have bus replacements!

Given the lack of deliveries at Hillcrest they should just call them 514s and announce the new route is "beginning early!" as opposed to the repeated announcements of "accessible routes!" still largely served by A/CLRV

Given the lack of deliveries at Hillcrest they should just call them 514s and announce the new route is "beginning early!" as opposed to the repeated announcements of "accessible routes!" still largely served by A/CLRV
Checking the TTC list of accessible routes - the only routes listed as accessible is 510 and 317. Right now there are 14 Flexities on 510 - and nothing else. The worst I've seen in a long time is 2/3rd Flexities - given the frequency of this route, it is accessible.

With 2 more in service on 509, 16 of the 17 are currently in service. All except 4403 - which was in service all day yesterday.

Nice to see it there; when I cycled to Corktown Common about 30 minutes ago it had reached the loop (followed by an overhead truck that seemed to be making minor adjustments to the overhead.) At the loop there was lots of grinding and pausing - I assume the track needs minor adjustments but all seemed well overall and they DO have 6 or 7 weeks before service starts.

Back