News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'd say the red circle is far more intuitive. The red arrow seems to be telling me I can do something - turn left on red.

Good point, especially when colourblind.

That said, a red left-arrow with an X through it may work.

I'd say the red circle is far more intuitive. The red arrow seems to be telling me I can do something - turn left on red.

I have to agree with nfitz. If I came upon a red arrow, I might do something stupid. But clarity in signalling at an intersection like Queens Quay and Rees with traffic, traffic left turn, transit (streetcar), bicycle and pedestrian is urgent. Five sets of signals at QQ and Rees is over the top.

I took a walk down it this afternoon and it looks lie it's going to be just as bad as queens quay if not worse. As soon as I got of the king streetcar I saw a car stopped in the middle of the streetcar tracks and three cars back by the stop bar waiting at the light about 20 feet or more from the intersection. I also saw sever vehicles drive on the streetcar right of way One car almost caused an accident as it turned of of it into the road. I relly hope this is the last time the TTC allows the city to make a side right of way

You can have a reverse red arrow light?

traffic-lights-two-red-arrow-signs-35362243.jpg

Something I noticed all along Cherry St is that none of the streetcar stop shelters (that I've seen) are fully enclosed on all sides. Quite a stunning omission for a street that was built from scratch.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 579
Something I noticed all along Cherry St is that none of the streetcar stop shelters (that I've seen) are fully enclosed on all sides. Quite a stunning omission for a street that was built from scratch.

The TTC/City/Astral have moved away from fully-enclosed shelters, for the most part, several years ago. Most new stops or refurbishments are all the same design as you posted--see Queen's Quay for instance, College and Spadina, Bathurst and Niagara or King, etc. It's very unfortunate, but it's a decision that's been made systemwide. The only new design fully-enclosed shelter I've seen is the eastbound Fleet and Bastion one, I'm sure there are more but they're very rare relative to these half ones where new construction is concerned.

The TTC/City/Astral have moved away from fully-enclosed shelters, for the most part, several years ago. Most new stops or refurbishments are all the same design as you posted--see Queen's Quay for instance, College and Spadina, Bathurst and Niagara or King, etc. It's very unfortunate, but it's a decision that's been made systemwide. The only new design fully-enclosed shelter I've seen is the eastbound Fleet and Bastion one, I'm sure there are more but they're very rare relative to these half ones where new construction is concerned.

Why would they do that?

This is totally not true. There were a whole bunch of enclosed shelter installed in Etobicoke last month. This decision is not system wide, just for downtown locations with a lot of pedestrian traffic and locations that a fully enclosed shelter would block off too much of the sidewalk.

10 streetcars will be on the 514 CHERRY streetcar during the morning rush hours. Compared with many of the new streetcar lines popping up in the United States, that is a large fleet.

See Service Summary, at this link.

10 streetcars will be on the 514 CHERRY streetcar during the morning rush hours. Compared with many of the new streetcar lines popping up in the United States, that is a large fleet.

See Service Summary, at this link.

true but we have the ridership figures unlike the ones in sates that took a guess at them Some of them are even discovering the need for more as the demand is to high.

Back