News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm not saying there *is*--well, at least in that hardly anybody's actively rallying for them. But hardly anybody's actively rallying for the closure of Rosedale + Summerhill, either...

A Yonge & Yonge station and a Blythwood/Lytton station would probably both be used at least as much each as Summerhill and Rosedale, but I can't imagine them getting built in the next 30 years, even if locals started clamouring for them.

I know. But who would be clamouring for the aforementioned station closures, either? Other than Doug Holyday types, I mean...

So could the name "Doady" be a deceptive contraction of "Doug Holyday"?

Mislav is saying that the only reason Islington and Kipling have high ridership is because of cars
WHAAAAAAAAT?

Read my post again:

"That's ONE of the reasons why Islington and Kipling stations have such a high number."

unimaginative2

Do you have weekend figures for the subway stations, but more so between St Clair and Downsview?

Thanks

In regards to Yonge Blvd and Blythwood/whatever stations on the Yonge line: were the tracks built level through either of these areas? The possibility of adding North York Centre was planned for when intially building the Yonge line extension by leaving a flat section.

I would be really surprised if there's much of a flat bit just south of Hogg's Hollow especially.

I would imagine that a Yonge Blvd station would be extremely deep. Highly unlikely they planned for it.

^ If it's too steep, the station would also have to be south of Yonge Blvd since the hill starts right there. Between the north exit of Lawrence station and the south exit of Yonge Blvd station, there'd only be five, possibly four blocks.

Remember the tracks at York Mills Station are fairly deep already. The tracks must be really deep below Yonge Blvd.

I timed the York Mills escalator again on Wednesday - it takes 59 seconds.

And Lawrence might even be deeper than York Mills...I'm not sure exactly where the subway tracks start their decline down into Hogg's Hollow, but to find a reasonably flat stretch you'd need to go somewhere south of Yonge Blvd as the tracks right there are not only very very deep, they're likely already sloping severely.

Never thought of Lawrence as being very deep. Interesting.

It's extremely deep...the escalator at the north end is long (not quite so long as York Mills, though) but that just gets you to the mezzanine, and you have to go up several more flights of stairs to get to street level. Seems like at least 80-90 steps in total.

drum118, I'll see if I can dig them up.

Hmm...you know, this might be a useful reference, so maybe it should be stickied? Just a thought.

I don't think a Yonge Blvd station would be particularly useful, but a stop between Eglinton and Lawrence would likely be fairly popular, though any redevelopment would probably get FONTRAed.

Rosedale, Summerhill, ... should also all be closed down.

Rosedale won't be shut down because it's a "Schedule A" redevelopment property. www.toronto.ca/planning/p...eport.pdf. Closing the station would devalue the land, and the TTC isn't going to give up that money.

Summerhill wouldn't be closed either. In addition to the development in the area recently, it also provides a connection between the Yonge line and the GO mid-town line (assuming it every gets going).

I wonder how Susur will feel about GO Trains running through his dining room every 15 minutes during the dinner rush? :lol

Back