News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

St. Clair transfers should either be scrapped or (preferably) expanded system-wide, but I bet Council/the TTC will try to ignore this request.
Why would they? TTC has already said they are very seriously considering expanding this system wide when Presto is implemented. They've also said the report that covers this will go to the commission on July 24th.

Mike Del Grande is either ignorant, unaware that this is dealt with. Or he's a political opportunist, and knows full well that it's very likely to be rolled out system-wide, and wants to try and get some credit for it. I tend to think the latter ... though I don't know why he's claiming it started in 2006 ... it started July 31, 2005, and will be entering year 9 this summer.

This won't show on the TTC agenda until May at the earliest. Staff will simply note that they've already indicated that a report will be arriving in July, and it will be deferred until that time.

Mike Del Grande is just wasting everyone's time. If he's so concerned about taxpayer equity, perhaps he'd like to raise the question of how his ward gets clearing of sidewalks for the same taxes that my ward doesn't.

If he's so concerned about taxpayer equity, perhaps he'd like to raise the question of how his ward gets clearing of sidewalks for the same taxes that my ward doesn't.
Seems like that would fall into the category of something your Councillor should fight for, or do a better job of fighting for.

So one person has Broadview to McCowan and the other six divide up the rest of the system? That sounds like a lot of stations to manage at once. I know a lot are quiter stations, but there has to be some consideration to volume. On the other hand, having one person do Spadina to Castle Frank is a really heavy work load. I wonder how often he will get over to Castle Frank?

Steve Munro's analysis on quarterly service report:

http://stevemunro.ca/?p=7686

As an aside, does anyone know what's going on on BD lately? Westbound slows to a crawl at around High Park/Runnymede and stayed that way to Islington. Is it related to the whole vibration issue or was it something more than that? The start-screech-stop dynamic is really quite unbearable.

AoD

Last edited:
As an aside, does anyone know what's going on on BD lately? Westbound slows to a crawl at around High Park/Runnymede and stayed that way to Islington. Is it related to the whole vibration issue or was it something more than that? The start-screech-stop dynamic is really quite unbearable.

AoD

The trains usually crawl through the section between Jane and Runnymede stations but I do not know what for. I saw TTC workers in the tunnel (either inspecting or working back in February or March) but that was only one time.

JL:

There is a scissors there, and they might have been doing some work on it - but it's been slow beyond Jane even.

AoD

They shut down the line between Jane and Kipling stations several weeks ago and I wonder if the work performed in that section is not quite finished? I don't know...I'm confused as well but TTC should at least say something to the commuters

They shut down the line between Jane and Kipling stations several weeks ago and I wonder if the work performed in that section is not quite finished? I don't know...I'm confused as well but TTC should at least say something to the commuters

It still slow order today like it has been for the past 18 months.

They are replacing the rail west of Jane Station on the curb now.

They are still working on the crossover as well dealing with the noise issue. Not sure why the crossover, as all that work was supposedly to be finished during the last closure.

East of the crossover is ok and there is work schedule for that area up to Keele Station in the coming months that will require the closure of the line on the weekend again.

theoneandonlypeter of Reddit shares this:

http://www.reddit.com/user/theoneandonlypeter

xBN1V0M.jpg

TTC Efficiency Guide now an iPhone app

Read More: http://www.blogto.com/tech/2013/06/ttc_efficiency_guide_now_an_iphone_app/

Transit enthusiasts and TTC geeks have long known about Sean Lerner's TTC Subway Rider's Efficiency Guid, a handy collection of platform maps and other various tips on how to navigate the subway in the most efficient manner possible. Because when you're riding the TTC in 30+ degree heat, every second counts.

The basic maps plot out the location of escalators, stairs, and bus bays / connecting routes. It's actually quite useful if you're in a mega-rush or just obsessed with minimizing your time spent in the subway system. The problem was, unless you had a hard copy, it wasn't that useful when actually riding the subway unless you had already memorized the info. That changes with the release of a new app called Efficient TTC.

2013625-efficient-ttc.jpg

Back