News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Before the Bay bus, I'd simply walk. It's only about 20 minutes or so to Queen from Bloor .. and downhill too. Perhaps faster with today's cold!

Surely faster than shuttle buses ... which can then be left for those who can't walk.

So true. I've walked from King to Bloor during lunch, and returned by subway, when I worked downtown. However, that was during the summer.

So true. I've walked from King to Bloor during lunch, and returned by subway, when I worked downtown. However, that was during the summer.
I'd much sooner wait 30-minutes to get on a shuttle bus in the summer, than today. It would be warmer to walk than stand there freezing!

I got off at Bay, looked at the line for the Bay bus and took a Bikeshare bike to College. It was about 3 min down there; I can walk it in less than 10 min, so it makes no sense waiting for a bus.

I'm confused. Given privacy laws, what do you expect them to tell you?

What they did. They don't have to include names or other personal information. They told me that if I wanted to know the outcome of their investigation, or even if there was one, I would have to file a FOI request.

What they did. They don't have to include names or other personal information. They told me that if I wanted to know the outcome of their investigation, or even if there was one, I would have to file a FOI request.
But the person making the complaint may be able to identify the operator.

I'd assume that the FOI would black out any personal names or any action taken.

A video on "Learning the Language of Transit".

[video=youtube;swcMC1Talk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swcMC1Talk0[/video]

In “the Language of Transitâ€, Jarrett Walker explores the binary structures that trap our thinking about transit, including “rail vs bus,†“permanent vs flexible,†“choice rider vs dependent riderâ€. He argues that many of the apparent debates in transit arise from these binary structures that we bring to it, not the facts of transit itself. He also explores how an approach to transit based on access and liberation requires us to rethink our assumptions about what transit infrastructure “means†in the urban environment.

Coming soon to a smartphone near you. TTC E-Tickets for the Day Pass.

From this link:

TTCconnect
E-Tickets make taking the TTC easier
A new E-Ticketing option will be available early July to make taking the TTC easier for customers. You will be able to purchase either a Single Day Pass or Group Pass using the TTCconnect app on your iOS or android device.

You can pre-purchase passes, and must activate the pass before use. Once activated, Single Day Passes and Group Passes are valid from the date activated until 5:30 a.m. the next day. Pass restrictions are the same as the paper Single Day / Group Passes:

Group Day Pass
Valid for use on Saturday, Sunday, statutory holidays and TTC selected dates:

• 1 adult and not more than 5 youths 13 to19 years of age
  • 2 adults and not more than 4 youths 13 to 19 years of age
  • 2 adults
Note: Children ages 12 and under ride free

Single Day Pass
Valid for:

• 1 adult 7 days a week
How to buy an E-Ticket
If you don’t already have an account, you must create one prior to purchasing your E-Ticket. You can do so in one of the following ways:

• Visit the vendor website (a link will be added here once the site is live) and click the icon at the top right to sign in.
  • You will be prompted to login using Facebook, Google or email to create a profile.
  • Once you’ve created a profile, you can purchase Group and/or Single Day Passes by clicking on either option, entering your desired quantity and adding the selection to the cart.
  • Once you’ve added your selection(s) to the cart, you must check out.
  • After reviewing the items in your cart, you’ll be asked to enter your credit card information.
  • Once you enter your card information and click save, then click "Buy Now". Your card will be saved for future transactions, and your purchase is now complete.
iOS or Android TTCconnect App
  • Download the TTCconnect App (a link will be added here, once available for download).
  • Click on “Buy Tickets,” then add your purchase.
  • You will be prompted to confirm your selection to continue, then select “Purchase Tickets.”
  • You’ll be asked to sign in with Facebook, Google or email to create an account.
  • You’ll be prompted to confirm your purchase and then asked to add your credit card information.
  • For increased security you can set a PIN, or you can continue to complete the purchase without.
  • Your purchased tickets will appear in “Use Tickets” and can be selected for activation.
How to use an E-Ticket
*Note: You must have an iOS or Android device to use an E-Ticket with the TTC.

After purchasing your E-Ticket, you must activate it before use.

• On the “Use Tickets” screen, choose the tickets you wish to use and select “Activate Tickets.”
  • You’ll be notified when the ticket will expire before selecting “Yes” to continue. Once you select “Yes,” your ticket is ready for use.

Single_Day.gif
    Group_Day.gif
  • This is your ticket. You will need to show this screen to a TTC operator in order to use it. It is also your Proof-Of-Payment on your journey.
  • You may be asked to validate your purchase by tapping the screen and the background colour of the pass(es) will change.
For FAQ see this link.​

Last edited:
It is laughably easy for me to forge tickets on this app. Give me an hour and I could put together an app to give me free rides for the rest of July.

The TTC is lucky I have better things to do with my time. And that I already bought my Metropass. And that I'm not a thieving turd.

Website up to purchase the TTCconnect E-tickets. See link.

Welcome to the TTC’s online ticketing portal. From this site, you can purchase Day Passes and Group Day Passes that will appear in your app.

Group Passes are available for use on Saturday, Sunday, statutory holidays and dates specified by the TTC. Passes are valid from the date shown on the pass until 5:30 a.m. the next day. Group passes are valid for:

• 1 adult and not more than 5 youths 19 years of age or under; or
  • 2 adults and not more than 4 youths 19 years of age or under; or
  • 2 adults.
Single Day Passes are available for use any day of the week, including statutory holidays. Passes are valid from the date shown on the pass until 5:30 a.m. the next day. Good for one person.

You will need to go to iTunes (see link) to download the TTCconnect app version 1.0.

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting. I doubt they would create an entire app for this one purpose and there are service advisories already implemented. Maybe this app will be expanded upon in the future with mobile Presto payments, schedules, etc.?

It is laughably easy for me to forge tickets on this app. Give me an hour and I could put together an app to give me free rides for the rest of July.

The TTC is lucky I have better things to do with my time. And that I already bought my Metropass. And that I'm not a thieving turd.

That's nice, you can hop over turnstiles too. The fact is that if you want to make it a good fake you need an Apple developer account, knowledge of how to build an app and of course approval from Apple to put it in the app store.

That's nice, you can hop over turnstiles too. The fact is that if you want to make it a good fake you need an Apple developer account, knowledge of how to build an app and of course approval from Apple to put it in the app store.

Yet another reason why Android rules! Even if such an app gets taken down from Google Play, you could always sideload it without any issues. Not that I am condoning such an app, but it is nice not to be locked into a walled garden.

Or you can just put it on your own phone without an apple developer account or dealing with the app store. Yes, it requires knowledge, but I could easily whip this up for myself in about 30 minutes tops if I was a criminal.

Since TTCconnect app is version 1.0, I'm assuming they are using the Pan Am Games to beta test it.

Back