News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just saw this come across my Google Now feed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/2whq52/has_anyone_else_ever_been_assaulted_by_a_ttc/

Some posters suggested the bus' camera may shed some light on this, but also cautioned that the data has also been since overwritten. That said, considering that not only a complaint was made but the police were called in, would it not make sense for the TTC to keep a copy of the video to cover their butts?

Not unless the data was "lost" or they "forgot to save it".

Just saw this come across my Google Now feed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/2whq52/has_anyone_else_ever_been_assaulted_by_a_ttc/

Some posters suggested the bus' camera may shed some light on this, but also cautioned that the data has also been since overwritten. That said, considering that not only a complaint was made but the police were called in, would it not make sense for the TTC to keep a copy of the video to cover their butts?

Wow what a bitch, however I think the passenger could have handled it better. Instead of trying to take a picture of the driver, why not simply get the 4 digit bus number which is nicely posted at the front of the bus? Instead of calling the police, why not complain to TTC customer service and have them identify the driver using the bus number and time of day? Much ado for nothing if you ask me.

Plus assuming his side of the story is 100% true, even WITH video evidence from the bus and the photo he took, they still decided to label him the antagonist in the situation. Having less evidence in the situation likely would not have helped his case.

His only mistake was simply snapping a picture and not recording a video.

The driver was probably in a bad mood but that does not mean she should have behaved the way she did...given what you said is true. However, I feel a bit bad for the TTC operators who have to drive the ghetto TTC routes.

Last edited:
The driver was probably in a bad mood but that does not mean she should have behaved the way she did...given what you said is true. However, I feel a bit bad for the TTC operators who have to drive the ghetto TTC routes.

That is a pretty racist (though as they are not mutually exclusive) probably true statement.

Enlighten me troll. What is racist about my comment?

You said you feel bad for drivers who have to operate in areas of the city with higher concentrations of minorities (presumably racial minorities).

Ghetto: A ghetto is a part of a city in which members of a minority group live, especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure.

Anyway, back on topic!

Does anyone know if the reorganization of the buses at Kennedy Station led to any improvements? If not, what could you propose to Customer Service so that the issue improves?

Last edited:
Were any UTers in the midst of the subway delays this morning?

Sorta. I got off at Dundas West and went 505 instead, knowing that St. George (and gawd forbid, "shuttle" bus at Y+B) is going to be a cluster. Slow with way too many stops - but bearable with a seat.

AoD

Back