News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Since this thread is your outlet for your silly hissy fits and axe-grinding againt TTC drivers, I suppose then that when something good happens, or even, as in 99% of the time nothing happens and you get to where you need to go, we won't be hearing from you?

Ah, I paid to travel from one place to another, I EXPECT to receive good service. That's what it should be normal. If I don't get good service, I bitch about it. What's wrong with that?

The TTC doesn't have a monopoly on anything. If you don't like the service, take the car, walk or bike and quit your bitching.

TTC IS a monopoly. What you suggest is just an alternative way. I'd like to see you walk or bike from Mississauga to Scarbourough then? Not everybody can afford a car either. Is there other public transportation you can take? No. TTC IS THE ONLY WAY.

Thanks - I'm glad you two said these things before this thread got too idiotic.

"this thread is your outlet for your silly hissy fits"

So far, Venti, this seems to be your sole purpose in posting on this forum.

You are not my Hero.

Pep'rJack, I'm not sure why you keep on attacking me since I don't know you. This is a free board. I can post whatever I want. If you don't like that, TOUGH SHIT! JUST DON'T READ! If you want to start a fight, go find someone else. If you are bore, go find some kids to play with. I've no time for that either.

And please, since you don't know me, stop guessing my purpose for coming to this forum. It just makes you look the more silly and stupid! Thanks!

TTC IS a monopoly. What you suggest is just an alternative way. I'd like to see you walk or bike from Mississauga to Scarbourough then? Not everybody can afford a car either. Is there other public transportation you can take? No. TTC IS THE ONLY WAY.

Go transit?

The TTC doesn't have a monopoly on anything. If you don't like the service, take the car, walk or bike and quit your bitching.

Note that I said that the TTC is a monopoly in its price range. If you want to travel the same distance in the same amount of time for about the same cost that the TTC charges, there is absolutely nothing else you can do. Most people can't afford to drive, take a taxi everywhere, or reasonably walk or bike.

We don't have threads dedicated to stupid employees from other companies

And why should we? If for example you don't like the service at Loblaws, you go to one of countless competitors. Who competes against the TTC? With no alternatives, all we can do about the occasional poor service on the TTC is complain.

The TTC is taxpayer funded. Whether you like it or not your tax money goes to support it - thus everyone is well within their rights to demand a respectable level of service.

It is a monopoly in the service it provides - let's not kid ourselves on that.

I am appreciative of good service, or service without disruption; I try and take my time to say a simple thank you to a bus driver. However, there is little doubt the TTC has a very negative reputation as far as customer service goes.

I don't expect every trip on the TTC to be ideal, but if there's a problem a) let me know in a voice clear and loud enough for me to decide how best to proceed, and b) give a shit.

The TTC is not Coke or Sears, it's a publicaly funded, necessary fabric of our city.

And it has a problem.

of course it's a monopoly. if it wasn't, it wouldn't be effective as a public transportation service. i don't think a bunch of independant systems could survive in this era. complaining about the monopoly of our TTC is like complaining about the monoply of our public owned roads, GO transit, sidewalks, bike paths. etc.

complaining about the faults are justified because those complaints can point out a specific problem or something that should be changed which can benefit the system and society. the only way to improve something is to find its weaknesses.

remember, we live in a society where no news is good news. we know the good the system does but ass kissing every three seconds is like......

Homer: Now, here's my "Everything's O.K." alarm!
[Homer flips a switch the device, and it begins to emit a
high pitched, incredibly loud beep. The rest of the Simpsons
cover their ears as Homer speaks up]
Homer: This will sound every three seconds, unless something isn't
okay!
Marge: Turn it off, Homer!
Homer: It can't be turned off! [alarm fizzles out] But it, uh,
does break easily.

:D

Ya, can you tell me how to take Go Transit from Bloor/Yonge to Chinatown?

if you would have asked how you can get from vancover to toronto, i would have told you to take an airplane. would then then proceed ask me how you can take an airplane from north etobicoke to queen west?

if you would have asked how you can get from vancover to toronto, i would have told you to take an airplane. would then then proceed ask me how you can take an airplane from north etobicoke to queen west?

But you stated GO Train is the alternative way for TTC, which is not.

But you stated GO Train is the alternative way for TTC, which is not.

NO! you asked me how to get from "Mississauga to Scarbourough" !!!

i told you GO transit.

I'd like to see you walk or bike from Mississauga to Scarbourough then? Not everybody can afford a car either. Is there other public transportation you can take? No. TTC IS THE ONLY WAY.

^^ guess miscommunication there, I thought you mean Go Train is the alternative way to TTC.

Anyway...

So, today, lunchtime, I was in chinatown, waiting for the streetcar to go to Union Station. There were TONES of streetcars, a parade, actually. But NONE were going to the Union Station. They all were going to King St. and turn back to Spadina Station. All the streetcars were particularly EMPTY. Meanwhile, I kept waiting and waiting for one that's going to Union station. I waited for 10 minutes.

I don't understand why they need so many streetcars to go to King and turn back, esp during noon time. I can understand during morning and evening rush hours. I find it's totally wasted in resources and very costly. The streetcars were paraded one and another and they had like 5% passangers inside.

Are the Spadina bridge and Queen's Quay back in service?

Yes....
Speaking of that...

Am I really bad luck with the TTC or what??

Yesterday...lunchtime. I was taking the Spadina Streetcar from Chinatown to Union Station. My other option would be to take the same Streetcar to King St, then transfer to St. Andrew Station.

So, the waiting was short...and I was like, wow, smooth sailing for sure....

When the Streetcar stopped on King St., I noticed the driver was changing the sign...so I was debating if I should get off, transfer King St. Streecar to St. Andrew station. But since he didn't say anything...and it was raining, I decided to stay, let it take me to Union.

And guess what...when the Streetcar got to Queen's Quay, the god-damned Streetcar was out of service! He announced it RIGHT THERE! I knew it when he changed the sign that something's wrong...but he didn't say anything. If he had said that at King St., I would have gotten off! So, I was at the corner of Queen's Quay cursing...option 1, walked back to King, option 2, walked to Union, option 3, waited for another one...but since it was raining...so I ended up walking all the way back to St Andrew Station! I was so MAD!!!

And today...taking the St Clair West Streetcar from Keele to St. Clair station....it DIED before it reached the station! So everyone had to get off and walk a few blocks to the station. Well, I guess I was lucky....cause the other Streetcars at the back would be stuck...one died, the rest wouldn't be able to move...lol

I hope you do not intend to make this your personal rant thread, though many of us do have gripes with the TTC. Just don't go over the top.

And guess what...when the Streetcar got to Queen's Quay, the god-damned Streetcar was out of service! He announced it RIGHT THERE! I knew it when he changed the sign that something's wrong...but he didn't say anything. If he had said that at King St., I would have gotten off! So, I was at the corner of Queen's Quay cursing...option 1, walked back to King, option 2, walked to Union, option 3, waited for another one...but since it was raining...so I ended up walking all the way back to St Andrew Station! I was so MAD!!!

Most times, a driver will announce a short turn well in advance, and it is very fustrating when they do not. A tip: a clue that a short turn is likely is to listen to a loud "beep-beep-beep" coming from the driver's CIS unit, usually with a text or a call coming in with instructions. 4 out of 5 times, it is a short-turn, sometimes it is something else (ie hold back to even out schedule). And don't hesitate to ask if you see the driver change the sign - if he's grouchy, than that's his problem.

And today...taking the St Clair West Streetcar from Keele to St. Clair station....it DIED before it reached the station! So everyone had to get off and walk a few blocks to the station. Well, I guess I was lucky....cause the other Streetcars at the back would be stuck...one died, the rest wouldn't be able to move...lol

At least that's not anyone's fault.

Back