News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

"It often seems nobody is looking after the big picture of customer satisfaction when it comes to the TTC."

This is the bigger issue. The TTC might have more than it's share of employees with bad costumer service skills but you can get attitude from employees in any service industry. There is just no incentive for the TTC to change but it really needs an entire PR, costumer service and marketing overhaul. Having tandom systems is just not in the cards so the corporate culture change must come from within the organization.

Anyone who thinks there are alot of power outage lately? It happened again yesterday during afternoon rush hour...the downtown was quite a mess...

Maybe if the TTC was able to separately manage transit shelters (rather than being rolled into the overall street furniture scanda... er... contract) there's a chance at least streetcar line shelters might have next vehicle displays.

The disruption to the 504 due FCP falling slabs was a case in point, where at Queen and Broadview the passing 501/2/3 drivers gave no hint to passengers that the next 504 wouldn't be coming for a long time since it had to make a huge diversion - in part due to short sighted cheaping out on certain downtown junctions.

Here’s my story. The University line was shut this morning (the entire segment, Union to St. George) due to a power outage. With the crowds for shuttle buses or transferring twice from YUS to BD to YUS at Bloor-Yonge, I thought I’d be better getting off at Dupont and walking to the 6 Bay. Well, that worked fairly well until the 6 was really delayed (probably poached for the shuttle buses), I get on, and everything’s fine until Bloor when a hoarde of people get on, and discovered that this driver was really anal about the white line, refused to move and kept telling people to move back, where there was no room. (Orion VIIs are not set up to handle crowding!) He kept pulling the routine of sitting there until everyone was completely behind the line (don’t even think about having your shoe over it), delaying us. At Dundas, as the bus slowly emptied (there was now some room to stand at the far, far back), he stopped the bus, got out, and went into the back to lecture everyone about how we’d all be at Queen’s Quay by now if we all moved back. Maybe if he wasn’t so anal and so happy to lecture us, we’d be at least at King.

If the TTC didn’t have to carry passengers, I’m sure it’d be an efficient system. If the TTC had better customer service, I’m sure passengers would be happier.

[/Rant]

Back