News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Warden Station, Easier Access tender is out (phase 1)

1645651649573.png

So much for uniformity with the design scheme at Museum.

This is why I wish they had kept the blue and beige tiles. So much easier to replace in instances like this when they are doing major renovations to the station.

So much for uniformity with the design scheme at Museum.

This is why I wish they had kept the blue and beige tiles. So much easier to replace in instances like this when they are doing major renovations to the station.

?

Are there renders that I missed? How do we know what finishes will be used in this project?

?

Are there renders that I missed? How do we know what finishes will be used in this project?

Museum Station was renovated a decade ago to mimic the ROM above.

I was simply saying that by renovating the station so extensively they are likely going to end up with a hodge-podge of finishes within the station. No doubt the coordinated design theme most recently installed will be hard to replicate at this point.

With the original beige and blue tiles they could have easily put up a facsimile, more easily than trying to coordinate finishes here.

I wonder what the point of the larger building is, especially as less busses go to High Park station than previous.
Looks as if it's on a similar scale as the rebuild of Summerhill, who's headhouse is getting a similar enlargening.

Those elevators require a lot of space and ancillary systems. It seems as if the current trend is to put them at ground level - which is easier to build and maintain, so I guess that's a plus. The downside is that the buildings need to be bigger to contain them all.

(Plus, the fact that there's one elevator on each side of the tracks, so the spacing between them is 50+ feet. Might as well make that area fare-paid.....)

Dan

Looks as if it's on a similar scale as the rebuild of Summerhill, who's headhouse is getting a similar enlargening.
Also ancillary space is always in demand - cleaning, storage, station staff offices - as well as retail units. Could make the station feel less cramped, too

Back