News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Tokens are $2.50 each, since no one has any for sale, one is forced to pay the $2.75 cash fare. This is called gouging their customers.
It would not be gouging ... tickets are available for $2.25. If people want to buy tokens, let them buy them at $2.50.
How can you be so sure? Are you one of the hoarders that is causing this mess?
I normally buy 20 tokens at once. I went to get my usual 20 because I had one left; and I had 4 different visits last week. Do I have enough tokens to last until the fares increase? Yes. Have my purchases changed, no.
They stopped ticket sales a year ago....so that they can gouge their customers...pay attention.
Adult tickets are available today...pay attention.

It would be, and is.
It can't be "is" as ithe sale of tokens is not happening at the suggested price. You can argue it would be, but you can't argue it is. Besides, as adult tickets are readily available, then one would only be buying tokens if one chooses to do so.

Please tell me where you can buy adult TTC tickets?
At any ticket collector's booth, according the TTC.

...as of today, for the first time in a year.
It's today I made the suggestion.

Stopping token sales is so ridiculous (even limiting them bothers me a bit). This should be the cost of doing business for the TTC when they raise fares. Suck it up and serve your public.

The new tickets look exactly the same as the old tickets. If you somehow still have some lying around from before they were eliminated, you've lucked out!

The TTC got rid of the tickets so that more riders use tokens instead.

The TTC is increasing the relative cost of Metropass to encourage people to use tokens instead.

And now the TTC does not allow people to buy tokens.

Good job, TTC.

^Just another example of how the TTC serves itself first; the actual riders are mere inconveniences.

The TTC is increasing the relative cost of Metropass to encourage people to use tokens instead.

Good job, TTC.

Not that I don't thinks this whole thing is a clown show (how about just raising the fares right after you announce the increase?), but the relative cost of the Metropass will not be going up as part of the announced fare increase. It's staying the same.

^Just another example of how the TTC serves itself first; the actual riders are mere inconveniences.

I disagree, Limiting the sales of tokens and introducing a temporary ticket is a good business decision on the part of the TTC. The '5 million dollars' that could have been lost, can now be invested back into transit. It seems like some people in this thread are acting as if TTC is doing this only to raise their stock values and to make the rich and powerful even more so. Just a reminder, it's a civil service.

Good job, TTC.

From now on cash will only be accepted, until its not :rolleyes:

The other option is to purchase additional tokens (Cost around $1M), accept fare losses for next year ($10M); and find themselves short $11M.

The solution to finding $11M is to jump fares by an additional dime :)

So, do you want to use tickets for a month or do you want a 35 cent fare increase instead of 25 cent?

Good job, TTC.

Actually the relative cost of the Metropass is NOT going up ...
It was initially proposed to but they changed this as you know.

I disagree, Limiting the sales of tokens and introducing a temporary ticket is a good business decision on the part of the TTC. The '5 million dollars' that could have been lost, can now be invested back into transit. It seems like some people in this thread are acting as if TTC is doing this only to raise their stock values and to make the rich and powerful even more so. Just a reminder, it's a civil service.
Has someone posted the odd little article in the star today?

Someone did the math, and if the TTC were actually able to sell 20 million tokens (20 million times 25 cents of lost revenue equals 5 million in "lost money,") they'd be making 85 million dollars off that, enough to cover their deficit for years to come. Or at least apparently, that's what the article says.

Back