News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Those are all ugly as hell.
I tend to agree. Using random orthogonal lines seems just as lazy.

I can see the reasoning for the colours on our new cars. The intent was to look modern and fresh but still retain a sense of familiarity. The new streetcars's paintscheme calls upon the CLRV's scheme, while omitting the grey and proportioning it to the vehicle. These cars do stand out. They have a bright red front and bright LED headlights.

But if you really want to stand out, check out Lyon's latest chromed trams.

Good thing maroon and cream are retired from the streetcar colour scheme, or else we would see maroon-and-cream-coloured Flexities.

I really do not want to imagine what a maroon-and-cream-coloured Flexity would look like.

Don't laugh:
KvcPMLR.png

I tend to agree. Using random orthogonal lines seems just as lazy.

I can see the reasoning for the colours on our new cars. The intent was to look modern and fresh but still retain a sense of familiarity. The new streetcars's paintscheme calls upon the CLRV's scheme, while omitting the grey and proportioning it to the vehicle. These cars do stand out. They have a bright red front and bright LED headlights.

But if you really want to stand out, check out Lyon's latest chromed trams.
OMG amazing! I wonder how they'll hold up.

tramway_lyon_rame-inaugration.jpg

The maroon isn't maroon enough in that picture - it's too red. I'd love to see them paint 5 or 10 in the old livery for novelty.
I made the changes:

H929Ru9.png

Note that I have sampled the average colour of the PCC vehicle to create the maroon. Note that the TTC's PCC vehicle's maroon is slightly reddish.

TTM, I had warned you not to laugh, as it is clearly meant to be a joke. Yes, I am that good with Photoshopping to the point that I can fool others into thinking that it is real.

Good thing that the CLRVs are given a red-and-white colour scheme and not use the same colour scheme as the PCCs, or else we would see Flexities with the PCC colour scheme.

There is a reason why tastes in colour schemes change over time and some colour schemes do not stand the test of time.

Be glad that this is the actual colour scheme of the Flexities:
20111110streetcar1.jpg

Last edited:
I made the changes:

H929Ru9.png

Note that I have sampled the average colour of the PCC vehicle to create the maroon. Note that the TTC's PCC vehicle's maroon is slightly reddish.

TTM, I had warned you not to laugh, as it is clearly meant to be a joke. Yes, I am that good with Photoshopping to the point that I can fool others into thinking that it is real.

Good thing that the CLRVs are given a red-and-white colour scheme and not use the same colour scheme as the PCCs, or else we would see Flexities with the PCC colour scheme.

There is a reason why tastes in colour schemes change over time and some colour schemes do not stand the test of time.

Be glad that this is the actual colour scheme of the Flexities:
20111110streetcar1.jpg

Too bad you couldn't play with the fonts with with the numbers used:

streetcar-4706-26.jpg

If the entire new streetcar were filled with only people in mobility scooters/wheelchairs how many could you fit on? Will they be allowed on at rush hour/peak times? What about huge strollers which can now easily roll right on? Will these new streetcars lessen the burden on Wheeltrans?

After some time of browsing at pics of PCCs and Peter Witts, it really looks like the Peter Witts have been reincarnated into the new Flexities. This mainly being the similar shape of the front and end :rolleyes:

After some time of browsing at pics of PCCs and Peter Witts, it really looks like the Peter Witts have been reincarnated into the new Flexities. This mainly being the similar shape of the front and end :rolleyes:

The original configuration for the Peter Witts had the driver only doing the driving. People would enter only through the front door, no exiting through the front door because of a one-way flap door just past the steps. There was a conductor next to the center door where passengers paid or showed their transfer before going to the rear of the streetcar or exiting.

With the Bombardier Flexity Outlook, the driver again only drives. Instead of a conductor, there will be machines near each door to handle transactions. All doors are supposed to be used for entering and exiting. There will be machines at the busier stops to handle transactions before entering, if needed. There will be inspectors checking for proof-of-payment.

Back