News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A RoFo or DoFo type of move would be to drive in their SUV behind it, just to make in imaginary point.

If he's still mayor (in name only) at the time, and if they do an official ceremony, he might show up to cut a ribbon and scowl at the sky, off to one side, in his inimitable 'giant sulky toddler' manner, just to take some of the credit. After all, he showed up for the inauguration of the new subway cars, which he had voted against purchasing.

Yes, clearly Charlotte Loop, it WILL be good to actually ride one sooner or later.

What I'm actually most looking forward to is when the Spadina car is back on QQW. Nothing like heading south and making that left turn by the lake.

From twitter:
TTCing ‏@TTCing 5m

New streetcar on Carlton. Not in service yet but looking good! #ttc #toronto pic.twitter.com/MQKXUzCKDI -@scottrodmore
Bk85h4UCYAANcr0.jpg:large

It's the first time I'm seeing a photo of car #4402 on our streets

They look good but they would look nicer using pantographs instead of poles.
Patience ..... the poles will, eventually, go and all of them will only use pantographs. The TTC are busily upgrading the overhead and I assume that when they finish they will remove the poles from the new cars.

saw one of the new streetcars on King today. Sidewalks were busy at the time and I was surprised that no one turned their head or I don't think so much as noticed this was a new streetcar.

People only seem to do that and whip out their phones for a PCC.

Odd. I've seen people get way too enthusiastic over seeing the TRs when they first entered service.

People only seem to do that and whip out their phones for a PCC.
Oh I don't know, I was going down Queen in a regular streetcar the other day, and I noticed people on the sidewalk with cellphones out ready to take pictures ... and then a new streetcar whipped past us in the opposite direction.

Oh I don't know, I was going down Queen in a regular streetcar the other day, and I noticed people on the sidewalk with cellphones out ready to take pictures ... and then a new streetcar whipped past us in the opposite direction.

I would expect larger than normal crowds on the day the new streetcars go into service on the 510 Spadina in August.

I saw the new articulated bus at the Bathurst Station. Not one was taking a photo with their smartphone, including me.

I still haven't seen one of these and I've been looking. I can't believe I'm gonna trek out to the Easter Parade, just to see one but I just can't wait any longer. I love the way these streetcars look. I can't wait to ride one.

I saw one at the open house in November (December?), got to go in it and everything. Also saw one out the window briefly when it was testing on Church street.. but that was only for a few seconds and I was a distance away.

Back