News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

For POP when transferring to the Spadina streetcar from the subway station at Spadina station, can you just take any transfer as proof, including the ones at Spadina station?

For POP when transferring to the Spadina streetcar from the subway station at Spadina station, can you just take any transfer as proof, including the ones at Spadina station?
TTC is saying you should get transfer where you originally pay your fare.

But given that you can pay your fare in Spadina station, I can't for a second imagine that the fare inspectors would bother questioning a transfer from Spadina station.

TTC is saying you should get transfer where you originally pay your fare.

But given that you can pay your fare in Spadina station, I can't for a second imagine that the fare inspectors would bother questioning a transfer from Spadina station.

504, 501 and 505 drivers have no issue taking transfers from Spadina station at all, as they have no way of telling if the passenger started the trip from that station or somewhere else.
But how can one use that transfer to get on the 510? I don't see that possibility.

504, 501 and 505 drivers have no issue taking transfers from Spadina station at all, as they have no way of telling if the passenger started the trip from that station or somewhere else.
But how can one use that transfer to get on the 510? I don't see that possibility.
510 goes POP next week. TTC will have fare inspectors checking to make sure riders on 510 have proof of payment. TTC says proof of payment can be a transfer; but you should get the transfer where you pay, and not at Spadina station (if you didn't pay there).

510 goes POP next week. TTC will have fare inspectors checking to make sure riders on 510 have proof of payment. TTC says proof of payment can be a transfer; but you should get the transfer where you pay, and not at Spadina station (if you didn't pay there).

I've ended up with three transfers on a single trip, sometimes. The bus transfer, the transfer at the station where the bus terminates, and maybe a third transfer if I have to wait for anther surface vehicle from the machine at that station. Of course, I would show the last transfer as a P.O.P.. The other transfers would be used as bookmarks or as insurance if the last transfer gets lost.

I've ended up with three transfers on a single trip, sometimes. The bus transfer, the transfer at the station where the bus terminates, and maybe a third transfer if I have to wait for anther surface vehicle from the machine at that station. Of course, I would show the last transfer as a P.O.P.. The other transfers would be used as bookmarks or as insurance if the last transfer gets lost.
Why risk a fine for taking a transfer, simply to add to your bookmark collection? Why bother to go all the way back to the fare line to get an extra transfer, instead of walking to the subway platform?

Technically you're not supposed to do that. I've had drivers get upset at me a few times for asking for a transfer when getting at a bus at a station.

I didn't know this until a few months ago. All my life I've assumed you take a transfer from each station/vehicle you use.

Technically you're not supposed to do that. I've had drivers get upset at me a few times for asking for a transfer when getting at a bus at a station.

I didn't know this until a few months ago. All my life I've assumed you take a transfer from each station/vehicle you use.
The TTCs transfer rules are quite clear:

Valid at transfer points on day of issue for a one-way continuous trip - or as otherwise noted on the transfer.

If your trip involves connecting routes and requires a transfer, in subway stations you can get one from the automated transfer machine after you pay your fare and pass through the turnstiles. On buses and streetcars, ask the Operator for a transfer after you pay your fare. Note: Pass holders do not require, and are not entitled to receive, a transfer.
From: http://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Fare_information/Transfers/index.jsp (I assume this page will need an update once the Spadina all-door boarding starts.

A close-up of this SRVM photo:

IMG_3257.jpg

Shows:
SRVM.jpg

that the SRVM accepts coins OR tokens.

Which then issues this receipt as POP (or transfer to be used within the two hours).
IMG_3260.jpg

Attachments

• SRVM.jpg
    SRVM.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 537
The senior card/ticket is validated when put it into the machine and becomes a transfer, as it will have a date, route and time stamp on it. New style transfer will be issues with money or tokens.

The machines are a little smaller than the Presto coming in Nov, but will not accept Debit or credit card. The Presto will, as well your phone.

4403 was on display today and have the new side lights that are temporary until a final design surface. I like the blue seats better than the subways ones.

Deploying the ramp is going to add a minute per stop where an accessibility rider needs to get on/off as the driver must leave the car to help the person on/off if help is require as well make sure there is room for the person to use the ramp. This is new and no one knows if it will live or die until the car start seeing service on 511 next year.

Those planning on going to Spadina for the first run, here the line up.

Baah Bahh starts at 9.30 am with special events taking place. 10 am, one of the 2 cars will enter the station to cut the banner and it will leave at 10:10 am with the first riders and VIP's. Not sure when the 2nd car will arrive as both are going to Queens Quay all the time at this point. No idea which car will be first to go.

The Aug 31 logo is to stay on the car a few days after entering service.

Will post some videos later.

Got on a 501 CLRV at Yonge today by the rear door and was greeted by 3 enforcers who were asking for you proofs of payment. A few exited the car quickly and the first time seeing one, let alone 3 at the same time. They were traveling between Victoria and Simcoe each way. They were also controlling the rear door by telling the driver when to close them.

Back