News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I expect this is related to the question of why there are two parked at Roncs. Maybe related to tomorrow's open house at Hillcrest?
They'll need a full interior cleaning before they go on display.

I'm so f***ing done with trolley poles. Goddamn you, Bombardier, I want the damn pantographs already.
Bombarider has many problems but this isn't one of them. Whenever TTC decides to finish up the overhead wiring has nothing to do with Bombardier.

Last edited:
Trolley poles are the least of our problems right now.

Exactly.

By my calculations, the pace Bombardier is on will lead to one less Flexity than they recently communicated would be in service this year:

Oct. 12 - 4425
Nov. 2 - 4426
Nov. 23 - 4427
Dec. 14 - 4428
(4429 before end-2016 is the car that would meet the communicated level)

Exactly.

By my calculations, the pace Bombardier is on will lead to one less Flexity than they recently communicated would be in service this year:

Oct. 12 - 4425
Nov. 2 - 4426
Nov. 23 - 4427
Dec. 14 - 4428
(4429 before end-2016 is the car that would meet the communicated level)

um just curious why do you think we will only have one delivered in october?

God it would be interesting to get the regulars here at a bar with a few beers and listen for an evening. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Then I would be wrong, obviously, and we might get the cars we were promised. However all historical precedent with this company's performance on this contract points against that.

Possible. Probable.

If Bombardier is going to complete the contract - and let's assume they are - then they will not magically begin to deliver 40 on Jan 1, 2017 which is their 2017 promised delivery. Production ramps up whether you are making tomato soup, umbrellas or streetcars. It does not magically jump from one level to another overnight.

While the current delay looks like further failure and dicking around - and that is a reasonable expectation under the circumstances - it is more likely that something like the following is happening.

1. Make more space in TBay. If you are going to ramp up production, you need way more space for raw materials and WIP - work in progress.
2. To that end, all the bits and pieces and jigs and tools for the Metrolinx Flexty project will be being moved to Kingston.
3. La Pocatiere is learning how to make the bogies or what-the-hell-ever they are going to contribute in light of the failures from Mexico.
4. TBay is ramping up.

If you are going to deliver 40 vehicles in one year, then you had better be ready for Jan 1 or 2018 will be even more of a shit show.

40 vehicles is more or less 1 per week.

Under the plan I am putting forth here, you could reasonably expect 4 vehicles from November 15 to December 31 and a steady stream thereafter. If that can not be accomplished, then the whole project really is in serious doubt.

Patience, my friends.

As an aside, the TTC now has to have a commissioning team, and plan to receive a vehicle a week. The next choke point will be in receiving and commissioning the vehicles themselves, while doing the regular maintenance on the in-service fleet. However, at some point next year experienced CLRV and ALRV mechanics will be in lesser demand as vehicles are withdrawn from service so let's hope that the good folk running the TTC have factored this into their planning.

God it would be interesting to get the regulars here at a bar with a few beers and listen for an evening. Oh to be a fly on the wall.
Frankly, I would rather poke needles into my eyes! We have 'regulars' who assume BBD will never meet a target, regulars who think they are much maligned and it's all the TTCs fault and those who obsess about the arrival of every Flexity and worry if it sits at the Barns longer than average or why it is on the 514 rather than the 509. An evening listening to this (at least without a great deal of beer) would be ghastly. :->

Getting together for the first day in service for car 4599 (and beer afterwards) might close the gap.

We are indeed at the point where we ought to be asking about available for dispatch or mean days between failure type metrics, rather than obsessing about how many cars are on the road at any exact moment.

- Paul

Frankly, I would rather poke needles into my eyes! We have 'regulars' who assume BBD will never meet a target, regulars who think they are much maligned and it's all the TTCs fault and those who obsess about the arrival of every Flexity and worry if it sits at the Barns longer than average or why it is on the 514 rather than the 509. An evening listening to this (at least without a great deal of beer) would be ghastly. :->

More beer...

I think also there may be some split ber on a few poel too and not just because someone is clumsy. But back to the topic of the Flexs. Does anyone know what route will be nxt to have them. I know it's been said 514 will be completed followed by 509 and 511 next year but which route will be next? 505 perhaps as they have said King is along route and they want to have a lot of cars they can put out on it Queen alos is in the same boat as they both are the two longest routes in the city.

Back