News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Adding to this thread, based on my experience of travelling on Line 1 and Line 2 a few times the past month, not all slow zones are equal. The worst contender BY FAR, the section between Wilson and Yorkdale…….. UGH

So you all thought it couldn't get any worse huh? We're pretty much almost at 50% of Line 1 with slow speed restrictions. Absolutely atrocious and someone needs to answer for this garbage.

On the bright side there's a minor improvement to Line 2....

Yup. When I transfer from Line 1 to Line 2 at St. George, it’s a breeze in comparison . The slow zones are few and far in between, but the slow zones themselves aren’t as bad.

I go Dufferin to downtown for my daily commute, and there are really no slow zones that delay that trip. But I go uptown for a meeting one time most weeks, and from Bloor north it's very painful on Line 1.

Yup. When I transfer from Line 1 to Line 2 at St. George, it’s a breeze in comparison . The slow zones are few and far in between, but the slow zones themselves aren’t as bad.
Try riding from northbound from Bloor to Rosedale and that stretch will be enough on it's own to drive you crazy.

I've biked much faster than the speed of which trains travel. Actually I could jog faster than the speed at which trains travel along this stretch.

Clearly they have not yet worked lut HOW they will provide service!

Service adjustments for the Toronto International Film Festival begin Sept 5

The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) returns to the city starting September 4 with some TTC services being impacted. Street celebrations will result in the closure of King St. W. between Peter St. and University Ave. starting at 5 a.m. on Thursday, September 5 until 5 a.m. Monday, September 9.

Several streetcar routes will be adjusted and split between the east and west sides of University Ave. More information will be available on September 4 at ttc.ca.

Throughout TIFF, the TTC will have staff positioned at key locations to assist customers and provide information about transit options.

• Sad
Reactions: max
Try riding from northbound from Bloor to Rosedale and that stretch will be enough on it's own to drive you crazy.
That stretch actually used to be worse than it is today. At one point there was a 10 km/hr speed limit but I think it's faster than that currently (or maybe the 10 km/hr limit was going the other direction...I don't remember)

Bloor to Rosedale is one stop and adds maybe 1-2 minutes to the ride, it is not the end of the world.
Let me know when you've done the northbound trip.

That stretch actually used to be worse than it is today. At one point there was a 10 km/hr speed limit but I think it's faster than that currently (or maybe the 10 km/hr limit was going the other direction...I don't remember)
The southbound speed restriction was lifted a couple months ago. The northbound restriction has been in place for months and is probably the worst restriction in place on the line, trains don't even get up to 10km/h. It's more closer to 5km/h.

I take Bloor to Rosedale NB daily for work. It's slow but that section has always been slower so it really hasn't gotten much worse than it was before. Lots of other sections that have been slower in the past, i.e. York Mills to Finch NB in AM rush hour pre-covid..

Back