News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'd be very interested to see usage numbers for the Line 1 portion of Spadina total, and figures for the usage of the Kendal auto entrance/exit. Judging by experience travelling through the station, I don't suspect it's very high. Not that it makes it fine, of course, just that it deserves some consideration. And of course nobody has to make that walk, as tokens are still accepted.

I suspect they'd be pretty low. There's no major retail trip generators on that part of Spadina (as opposed to on Bloor itself), and not nearly as many connecting surface routes (the 510 being the big one at the Bloor end). Unless you live closer to that auto entrance, I don't suspect there'd be much reason to ever really use it.

I use that entrance daily and it's fairly well used for a secondary entrance. Keep in mind there are many apartments right by it to provide trips and it's a great shortcut to Line 2 in bad weather.

They look as sturdy as similar gates anywhere else I have travelled - Britain, the Continent. Surely they are some supplier's off the shelf, out of the catalog model?

Can anyone confirm?

- Paul

It is an off-the-shelf model - the Scheidt & Bachmann FareGo Gate PG40. It seems to be a fairly new model, and only used by a couple of properties in Europe. I can't find any reference to any other North American properties using them, though.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Greenwood is now powered on and in testing. Kennedy has gates where the crash gate collector is but not turned on.

Downsview station.

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 768
The continuing saga of Victoria Park's Presto gates...the new ones are in, but not yet turned on. You walk through them to get to the collector. The second set of new ones are also now installed and powered up but behind some temp barriers.

I guess they are waiting for them all to be done before making them all active.

They had been working on running the conduit in the floors at Woodbine earlier this week, and have now poured new terrazzo to cover it. Looks like they should be receiving gates there shortly.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The continuing saga of Victoria Park's Presto gates...the new ones are in, but not yet turned on. You walk through them to get to the collector. The second set of new ones are also now installed and powered up but behind some temp barriers.

I guess they are waiting for them all to be done before making them all active.
I asked on Twitter the other day and the TTc replied that it's scheduled for next thursday (December 08)

Looks like Coxwell won't be making the end of 2016 deadline for new fare gates as construction is starting on December 3 with complete in early January. However they are planning to install a temporary reader in the mean time.

As a technicality, there is no 2016 deadline for new faregates. The end of 2016 deadline is that every TTC station and vehicle will take Presto, nothing more than that--for stations, this means at least one entrance must take Presto, whether it be a faregate, turnstile, or temporary reader at a crash gate/collector booth.

Back