News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I miss the "On The Rocket", back when Councillor Adam Giambrone was the TTC Chair, around 2009.

Wonder if they could use the internet to send out a new version? If they could get the WiFi to work on the streetcars first. Imagine podcasts by TTC Chair Jamaal Myers, or (who ever follows) TTC CEO Rick Leary.

Last edited:
What about conversations with listeners, not just recordings?
Presumably the technology used to make the "On The Rocket" program still exists and can be used. Live streaming can then take the signal fed back to the "station" without needing to have WiFi on streetcars.

I miss the "On The Rocket", back when Councillor Adam Giambrone was the TTC Chair, around 2009.

Wonder if they could use the internet to send out a new version? If they could get the WiFi to work on the streetcars first. Imagine podcasts by TTC Chair Jamaal Myers, or (who ever follows) TTC CEO Rick Leary.
Rumor is , he'll be the next CEO, replacing Rick Leary. Especially with his deep roots with the NDP and connections with Olivia chow, and the jobs and experience he's had since leaving politics. Even being TTC Chair was good experience.

I also noticed he's been more vocal on Twitter , critical of TTC management. Especially considering he's on the other side of the world. He's still deeply a Toronto boy at heart.

Rumor is , he'll be the next CEO, replacing Rick Leary. Especially with his deep roots with the NDP and connections with Olivia chow, and the jobs and experience he's had since leaving politics. Even being TTC Chair was good experience.

I also noticed he's been more vocal on Twitter , critical of TTC management. Especially considering he's on the other side of the world. He's still deeply a Toronto boy at heart.
Adam Giambrone as the next TTC CEO? If only!

From link.
Adam Giambrone is the Head of Land Mobility at the NEOM Authority, the entity that is delivering transportation for the new region of NEOM.
Why would Adam leave Saudi Arabia for the cold summers in Toronto, and the underfunded TTC? I can imagine him presenting a transit solution and told "Sorry, it's not in the budget. Rejected." Or, "Sorry. The Transportation Service says 'no' because the automobile is number one."

Last edited:

Interesting rumour...........

Hmmmmm

Rumor is , he'll be the next CEO, replacing Rick Leary. Especially with his deep roots with the NDP and connections with Olivia chow, and the jobs and experience he's had since leaving politics. Even being TTC Chair was good experience
One hopes they remove all couches from TTC headquarters first

This would be very surprising, no - given the sexual misconduct that torpedoed his mayoral campaign?

Although he may have changed his behavior (I have no idea) this seems like something that would haunt any high-profile appointments he’s in?

Again , they're just rumors. But looking at Adam Giamborne resume is not that far fetched. And the scandal of something that happened over 10 years ago , I doubt people will make that an issue. Sure they'll bring it up, but it will soon be forgotten. But I do expect Leary to be gone by the end of this year.

With the new Board appointees, I do expect them to start searching for a CEO very soon. Looking at TTC CEO/GMs in the last 30 years, most last about 5 years. I would be in shock if they give him an extension.

If Rick Leary was smart, he'd see the writing on the wall and start packing up. If he's still under contract, might as well let them fire you and get compensated.

Only thing Olivia Chow should have done is replaced the non councilors on the Board with Steve Munro and the likes, people that actually have an interest and know the ins and outs of TTC, that would actually enjoy it. He does more with his blog than the current non councilors on the board does. I assume she's afraid of looking like a hypocrite if she uses her strong mayors power to make that change?

Adam Giambrone as the next TTC CEO? If only!

From link.

Why would Adam leave Saudi Arabia for the cold summers in Toronto, and the underfunded TTC? I can imagine him presenting a transit solution and told "Sorry, it's not in the budget. Rejected." Or, "Sorry. The Transportation Service says 'no' because the automobile is number one."

I know plenty of ppl that left hot beautiful countries to come and work in Canada. I believe his family is still in Toronto as well, and he'd rather raise his children here than over there. He was even recently working from home in Toronto, despite the company being in Saudi Arabia during COVID. It's obvious he wants to be back in Toronto.
Like I said, just a rumor, but I believe there's a lot of weight behind this rumor, but that's just me. Only time will tell.

Debit and credit payment on the TTC starts tomorrow

August 14, 2023

The TTC is reminding customers that starting tomorrow, Tues., Aug. 15, adult single use fares can be paid for at subway station fare gates, and on board all streetcars, buses and Wheel-Trans vehicles, with the tap of a debit or credit card, including with cards on a smartphone or smartwatch.

More than 8,700 PRESTO card readers have been upgraded to accept debit and credit cards, giving customers more choice and convenience when they travel. Already, more than 59,000 rides have been paid for with a debit or credit card, after PRESTO card readers at fare gates and on some surface vehicles began accepting contactless payments last week.

The debit and credit card fare is $3.30, the same as an adult single use PRESTO fare. A two-hour free transfer period also applies, provided the same card is tapped during the two-hour window.

Customers who tap-on with a debit, credit or PRESTO card do not need a paper transfer. The same card used to tap-on should be presented to a TTC Fare Inspector when asked for proof-of-payment.

Those who qualify for concession fares should continue using a PRESTO card that has been set to deduct a youth, senior or Fair Pass Discount Program fare. As always, children 12 years of age or younger ride for free.

For more information on using debit and credit cards on the TTC, customers can visit https://www.ttc.ca/riding-the-ttc/Updates/Pay-your-fare-with-your-debit-or-credit-card, or speak to a TTC customer service agent.

The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that impact service and about alternate routes. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on Twitter or sign up for eAlerts.

Back